Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, and thank you for helping.

Me and my child need to ask for a family permit as dependents of my husband (who is also my child's father)
Do i need to make two different applications?
one for my child and one for me?
how do we manage to get the same date as an appointm

·
Registered
39,127 Posts
Yes, separate applications, but book appointment for the same day on consecutive slots. Also documents can be shared too.
If your child has EU nationality, he/she doesn't need EEA family permit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Joppa.

Should my husband come to the appointment or not?

I am in a weird situation because I am going to study, and I was about to ask for my tier 4 visa with my child as dependent, and a letter of my husband saying he didn't need to be my dependent since he is an EEA citizen, but a friend told me they might deny me the tier 4 because they cannot proof my husband will come with us.

I also don't know if I can study with the family permit. My master's is for 2 years. We plan to apply for the resident's card as soon as we can, but I am afraid they don't give it to me or something.

The other thing is that my husband has quit his job and will only work here (we are from peru) until august and then look for a job in london. He has a lot of savings to proof he can maintain us for over 3 years in the UK, but still I am worried they do not give me the family permit because we are not much aware of his rights and obligations.

·
Registered
39,127 Posts
Not necessary as it's just biometrics and submission of documents.
For EEA family permit, all you need is a declaration, in the form of a letter by your husband, that he is going to UK and would like EEA family permit for you and your child so that you can accompany him. For residence card, he needs to be exercising treaty rights in UK, such as through working. It can be through self-sufficiency, relying on savings etc, but in that case all three of you need comprehensive sickness insurance (private medical policy) costing around £500 per person per year. You can study on residence card, and possibly on EEA family permit, but your university will probably require residence card when you get it.
What is your husband's nationality?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Romanian.
We have private insurance-
My safest way is the tier 4, I am just afraid they decline it because of my husban not being held to my visa.

·
Registered
39,127 Posts
Family permit + residence card should work if you husband is coming with you to UK and will try to find a job.
Private insurance must be acceptable to UKVI, meeting the requirements of CSI.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They ask for the "national insurance number" in the application form. What should I put? My husband doesn't have that number yet because we have never lived in the uk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.