Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I (Singaporean) have read copiously about the EEA Permit on this awesome forum where so many shared real experiences! Thank you!
I have 2 questions which I hope may garner replies from those who were in a similar situation.

Regarding requirements of EEA Family Permit of Qualified Person:

1. Must the CSI of my soon-to-be spouse (German) covers me too?

(Insurance agencies claim that they cannot provide this if I (Singaporean) am not yet a resident in the UK. Nonetheless, according to Home Office Guidance Feb-2017, qualified persons (EEA) are to hold CSI for all their family members too, hence my confusion.).

2. An EEA application that follows soon after marriage is deemed suspicious, will the application be refused based on this ground alone?

(We have been together for 3 years 2 months, have thoroughly exploited Whatsapp/Skype/Gmail/Viber/Funds to visit each other, hence, evidence of a subsiting relationship can be offered. Unfortunately, we plan to submit our application right after marriage, 2 or 3 days after, because why would one marry a person without the intention of living together?)

Thank you for your precious time in reading my queries/worries, hoping to hear soon from those who share a similar plight.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
#1 You have to get your own insurance, after arriving in UK, if EU partner needs it too, such as self-sufficient or studying.
#2 Not necessarily, but you should show evidence of a genuine, loving relationship.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.