Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I asked for my friend (Ukrainian) is married to an Italian citizen who is permanently resident in the UK, she got "entry clearance visa eea fp family member to ion". they want to go to uk by car through Poland Germany etc... she need a Schengen visa?
Thx

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
Yes she does. EEA family permit is only good for entering UK. If she later obtains residence card as family member of an EEA citizen, that will exempt her of obtaining Schengen visa.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok understandt she need transit schengen visa, how it will be to fly by plane she need schengen visa?

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
No. Even if she needs to change planes (connecting flight) in a Schengen country (e.g. Frankfurt), provided she doesn't leave airside, she won't need Schengen visa.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when traveling with her husband to "eea fp visa" by the road border maybe she use the 2004 Directive? and may not require a visa? uk visa is sufficient to confirm that the wife EEA citizen?

sorry for my english and thx for help

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hi,
when traveling with her husband to "eea fp visa" by the road border maybe she use the 2004 Directive? and may not require a visa? uk visa is sufficient to confirm that the wife EEA citizen?

sorry for my english and thx for help
Until the UK issued Residence Card is obtained, I strongly suggest to apply and secure the proper visa, in this case Schengen Visa. Sadly, no every Immigration Officer is well versed on Freedom of Movement.

Animo
(Cheers)

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
Only if you live in UK together with your EEA partner and they get a job or another way of exercising treaty rights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.