Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there !

I've been reading a lot of posts about the EEA Family permit, but there is still something that I really don't get.

According to the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006, no financial/employment/accommodation requirements are needed to be issued the EEA Family permit. Which means that if the EU sponsor is unemployed at the time of the application, the non EU applicant can leave the financial/employment application part blank; and therefore there is no need to provide any pay slip or bank statement.

However, according to the supporting documents checklist provided at the end of the application form, ALL non EU applicants have to show evidence of how their trip is to be funded.. So basically, the applicant has no choice but to show evidence by submitting a bank statement, right?

So it means that despite the fact that the regulations don't apply any financial requirements, the applicant still have to submit evidence of how he/she is going to fund his/her trip.
If we follow that logic, the sponsor, if unemployed, has no choice but to prove that he has some savings, property or receives money from public funds or benefits. Am I right?

For you to understand my situation:
I am the EU national
I plan to travel to the UK with my non EU husband
I am currently unemployed

1. Is it mandatory for us to submit a bank statement of our savings to evidence how my non EU husband trip is to be funded?

2. If yes, is there any other means to evidence that requirement? Would a writing attestation from me (the EU sponsor) would be enough?

3. Is it a problem if the savings are from the sponsor's bank account and not from a joint account?

Thanks a lot for your great help !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thank you Joppa for your answer.

So how can I do to evidence how the applicant trip is to be funded then? :confused2:

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
The new form is a pain, overloaded with unnecessary questions (just to put off applicants). I'd just put N/A and move on. They can't refuse you for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.