Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am peruvian and my husband is Irish. We met online on april 2015 and we met in person in London in January 2016. I got the tourist visa for the UK for 6 months (from jan to july 2016). At that time he was working in London so we stayed there for 4 months (Jan- May 2016) and he came back with me to Peru. (I flew out of the UK two months before my visa run out) He stayed in Peru from May 2016 until near the end of september 2016. He went back to Ireland to get all the documents he needed for us to get married here in Peru. He came back to Peru on February 23rd, 2017 and we got married on March 11th, 2017 and he went back to Ireland on March 18th, 2017. He was trying to get a job in Ireland but there was no luck and thank God he found a job in Inverness, Scotland. He moved over there in May 19th, 2017.

At this job he gets paid once a month so his first payment will be at the end of June. So we are thinking about waiting for me to apply at the beginning of July. Do you think that is a good idea? Because that way I will have more savings from my online job and he will have more savings as well.
Is necessary to turn in my last 6 months bank statments or the most recent one would be enough?

What documents should we provide with the application? And what should we write on our cover letters? We do not have any bank accounts together cause we both have been a tourist status in each other's country and you cannot open a bank account if your only a tourist.
We have loads of pictures, boarding passes of the places we have been. Wester Union receipts of the money he sends me now and then (is it wise to include that?) We could attach as well our log calls on facebook, whatsapp, skype.

Also, I have read that he has to proof his treaty rights? What would we need for that?

Pds. I have a refused american tourist visa back on 2015. After I got my UK visitor visa, I thought the only way to get there from Peru was through the States, so I applied for a transit visa, thinking that since I had the uk visa, therw shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately when I went to the interview they told me that they don't have transit visas anymore, only tourist visa and because my job was online I got refused. Would that denial cause me any trouble?

Thanks in advance for all your advice.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
Sounds like you are applying for an EU Family permit

The following document provides details of how to apply and what to produce as evidence:

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit

Reactions: D_lynn

·
Registered
361 Posts
By Irish, I assume you mean Republic of Ireland and not Northern Ireland. Is he also a British citizen?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Good, then his case is treated strictly as a EU Citizen :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.