Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My partner is dropping off the documents and applications for her EEA Family visa permit tomorrow and I'm wondering if we got everything covered.

We went overboard with the documents as she had a tourist visa refused last year and visitor visa to enter civil partnership refused early this year.

I'm half Portuguese/half Brazilian and hold both passports. We ended up entering into a civil partnership last week in Portugal after having to have interview with their immigration about our relationship.

I'm worried that a few things will go against us but hope that we've covered it all with evidence and explanation.

I've read loads about this and know that we shouldn't need many documents but we've included the following:

- Her cover letter
- My letter
- About 80 photos of us from holidays, with friends, family, ceremony,etc
- 6 months pay slips
- P60
- Work Contract
- Work letter
- Bank statements
- Solicitor and council tax statement for my new property
- Shared Credit Card Bill
- Civil Partnership certificate - original and english translation (not notarised)
- My original Portuguese ID card
- Certified copy of my portuguese passport and stamps to holidays to Ukraine and Turkey with her
- Certified copies of my old and current brazilian passport with 12 visa entries over the last 2.5 years to see her
- Whatsapp chat log (over 200pages)
- Facebook message log (over 50 pages)
- Skype log (over 100 pages)
- Phone call logs - phone bills plus breakdown of calls to her number (over 500 pages)
- Flight tickets, hotel bookings, bus tickets, etc
- Character witness letters from her and my side (Family, friends and work colleagues)

The things I'm worried about:

- Her previous refusals - we addressed both in our cover letters or so I hope
- Applying too soon after ceremony - can't really cover this other than the fact that we are tired of being apart and can't wait to start our lives together
- Address in our civil partnership is my old address - I recently purchased a property and when we started the process, I didn't have proof of my purchase and all my documents including portuguese legal things were under the old address so the ceremony certificate has the old address. We explained this on the part where they ask if there are things we'd like to be taken into account.
- We've included my Portuguese passport details in the application and although there is a copy of it, she is taking my Portuguese ID card as evidence - the only reason for this is so I can travel more freely to non EU countries if needed.

If anyone can share their thoughts or experience, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hi,
Hi all,

My partner is dropping off the documents and applications for her EEA Family visa permit tomorrow and I'm wondering if we got everything covered.

We went overboard with the documents as she had a tourist visa refused last year and visitor visa to enter civil partnership refused early this year.

I'm half Portuguese/half Brazilian and hold both passports. We ended up entering into a civil partnership last week in Portugal after having to have interview with their immigration about our relationship.

I'm worried that a few things will go against us but hope that we've covered it all with evidence and explanation.

I've read loads about this and know that we shouldn't need many documents but we've included the following:

- Her cover letter
- My letter
- About 80 photos of us from holidays, with friends, family, ceremony,etc
- 6 months pay slips
- P60
- Work Contract
- Work letter
- Bank statements
- Solicitor and council tax statement for my new property
- Shared Credit Card Bill
- Civil Partnership certificate - original and english translation (not notarised)
- My original Portuguese ID card
- Certified copy of my portuguese passport and stamps to holidays to Ukraine and Turkey with her
- Certified copies of my old and current brazilian passport with 12 visa entries over the last 2.5 years to see her
- Whatsapp chat log (over 200pages)
- Facebook message log (over 50 pages)
- Skype log (over 100 pages)
- Phone call logs - phone bills plus breakdown of calls to her number (over 500 pages)
- Flight tickets, hotel bookings, bus tickets, etc
- Character witness letters from her and my side (Family, friends and work colleagues)

The things I'm worried about:

- Her previous refusals - we addressed both in our cover letters or so I hope
- Applying too soon after ceremony - can't really cover this other than the fact that we are tired of being apart and can't wait to start our lives together
- Address in our civil partnership is my old address - I recently purchased a property and when we started the process, I didn't have proof of my purchase and all my documents including portuguese legal things were under the old address so the ceremony certificate has the old address. We explained this on the part where they ask if there are things we'd like to be taken into account.
- We've included my Portuguese passport details in the application and although there is a copy of it, she is taking my Portuguese ID card as evidence - the only reason for this is so I can travel more freely to non EU countries if needed.

If anyone can share their thoughts or experience, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.
You have included way more than what it is required, but the burden of proof is on you.

Good Luck.

Animo
(Cheers)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Luck.

Animo
(Cheers)
Thank you. She is handing in the documents right now. Think we're in for a very long two weeks.

I forgot to mention that I also included certified copy of my settlement status in the UK. Hopefully we got enough to grant her the EEA Family visa permit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do you need to include chat logs and the like? I had no idea. Is this important?

Also good luck! I'm crossing my fingers you get it swiftly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We wanted to include as much as possible to prove that the relationship is genuine.

We just hope it's going to be enough.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
My experience is if you send too much material, it will slow down the processing and you can even be denied, as vital information they are looking for is buried deep in a lot of waffle and can be missed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's so hard to find the balance - I have a settlement status which proves I am exercising my treaty rights in the UK so it's then a case to prove our relationship is real - I can't think of a way to do this without showing them our daily communication through 2.5years regardless of her being at least 3h ahead.

I tried to organised all the documents by sections so our certificate, work info, settlement status, mortgage and bank details are all on top and all the communication details which are in the hundreds are at the bottom. I made sure everything was labelled also so hopefully that will make things simpler and easier.

I thought we had a fair bit of stuff but she told me the lady that took it all in didn't seem fazed and looked like she is used to seeing that much stuff.

We've been at this for the last 11 months and just want to be able to start our life together.

According to the website, 100% of applications in September were dealt in 10 days so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
Other people's experience has no bearing on your chances.
Your success depends on if you meet all the requirements, not the amount of stuff you send in.
Just wait for a favourable outcome, as you are applying imminently.
If you had been just starting to collect evidence, we'd have advised you to cut down your communication record by 90% and still would have met the requirement.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Other people's experience has no bearing on your chances.
Your success depends on if you meet all the requirements, not the amount of stuff you send in.
Just wait for a favourable outcome, as you are applying imminently.
If you had been just starting to collect evidence, we'd have advised you to cut down your communication record by 90% and still would have met the requirement.
Yes Joppa I understand. Guess we just too keen to get it approved.

I am EU citizen with settlement status here, we are in a genuine civil partnership and she is coming to join me here. I would even meet the UK requirements if we went down that path.

I have no doubts we meet the requirements but it's all such a nerve wrecking experience and I've read refusals on very silly reasons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.