Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

i've already read a lot of threads on the eea family permit, but i just wanted to know if people have advice in general about how to make life easier when applying for the permit.

happy for any insights or recommendations people want to share.

thank you!

ps: planning to move to the uk with my husband, probably we'll have found a flat before we officially move and will be job hunting once we get there

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
So which of you is an EU citizen? The eligibility for the permit is quite simple. You need to be a family member of an EEA citizen, and you are both going to UK. You don't need a job, accommodation or have any financial requirement to meet. The only ground for refusal is if they doubt your relationship is genuine (marriage of convenience).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks for that reply.

i'm the eu citizen, my partner is from the states. i'm just wondering how completely we have to fill out the application... eg i don't really want to talk about my finances on there. and if we don't have accomodation or a job beforehand, we can just leave that blank?

the other thing that gives me a little bit of a headache is the logistics around the move. ideally my partner could go flat-hunting first and i join him in the uk, but with the permit it would have to be the other way round. does he have to leave the uk for a certain time before we move officially, or could he just return the day before we move and we then fly back together?

thanks again.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You don't have to give any financial or accommodation details. Just write N/A (non-applicable), or on online form, just move on.
You as EU citizen must be arriving before or together. Your partner cannot arrive before you on EEA family permit. While US citizen can arrive as visitor, the presence of EEA family permit in his passport will raise questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.