Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My wife is swedish citizen and I am kazakhstan citizen. Now we live in Kazakhstan but plan to immigrate to UK. I apllied for EEA family permit in October and indicated the travel dates as: from May 1, 2014 to October 31, 2014. But visa was issued and it is valid from october 31, 2013 to april 30, 2014. So it expires before the dates I planned to travel. At home office website I found information that if I will enter UK before family permit will expire I can stay there legally as long as I want without applying for visa extention. Is it correct or I misunderstood something? If it is correct can I apply for EEA2 after 30 april, 2014 (expiration date of my family permit).
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
You could only apply for your EEA family permit 3 months ahead of your proposed travel date, so there was no way they could have issued you a permit valid from May 2014.
While there is a way of entering UK without valid family permit, the trouble with you is as a visa national, no airline or Eurostar will let you travel without a valid EEA permit or UK visa even with your Swedish spouse.

What I suggest is you re-apply for your permit on 1st February 2014 for a travel date of 1st May.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts