Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I’m looking for some new strategy since my fiancée’s visa got rejected. I’m an Italian citizen living in the UK for 1 year, she is an American citizen, is not possible for me to travel to the US and marry her due to some immigration problems in US in the pass. At the moment she is going to try to get a marriage visitor visa, get marry, then once back to the States, apply for an EEA family permit, my question is would we face the same problems we did with the fiancé visa (not previously lived together for 2 years and also me not being in the UK for 5 years, not having any financial commitment together). Are there any reasons after being marry, her application for family permit getting rejected?:confused:

·
Registered
581 Posts
You are Italian, you can bring your wife, end of the history I would say. IMHO that is the path you should have tried from the start.

To all those with an EEA passport: uset the rights you have for bunnies sakes!

·
Registered
39,061 Posts
Hi everyone I’m looking for some new strategy since my fiancée’s visa got rejected. I’m an Italian citizen living in the UK for 1 year, she is an American citizen, is not possible for me to travel to the US and marry her due to some immigration problems in US in the pass. At the moment she is going to try to get a marriage visitor visa, get marry, then once back to the States, apply for an EEA family permit, my question is would we face the same problems we did with the fiancé visa (not previously lived together for 2 years and also me not being in the UK for 5 years, not having any financial commitment together). Are there any reasons after being marry, her application for family permit getting rejected?
Sorry to hear about your rejection, though frankly I'm not surprised.
Now, for EEA family permit you need to meet two main criteria:
1) Your marriage is genuine and isn't one of convenience.
2) You are exercising treaty rights in UK.

You need to submit evidence of your relationship, showing a growing, committed partnership. Joint financial responsibility such as jt bank accout, savings and insurance.
Enclose evidence of what you are doing in UK, such as job contract and salary slips.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks JOPPA, good thing about getting rejected is that I can reuse all the documents I used for the fiancée visa, I just need to update the banks statements and I think that I also need certified copy of my passport this time. :clap2:

·
Registered
39,061 Posts
Thanks JOPPA, good thing about getting rejected is that I can reuse all the documents I used for the fiancée visa, I just need to update the banks statements and I think that I also need certified copy of my passport this time.
Yes, this is required for EEA permit application. Italian consulate will charge you around £8 for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.