Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!

My name is Arkadiusz and at first want to say thank you for every comments and advises!

I were look on a forum for my anwser and I found few of them but not all.. that's why im gonna post this.

Okey so from the beggining, I'm Polish (I'm EEA citizen) i live currently in USA, I meet here my fiance (Mexican) we are together 3 years now, and we planning to go back to Europe, first to Poland and get married there, than we want to go to UK.

We want to apply for EEA Family Permit for her but I have feew questions, as you see Im not currently in Poland :) so I dont have a job there etc, dont have offer job in UK neither.

Although we have a lot of savings that will be enaugh to live months in UK IF we won't find job right a way.

so on British Embassy website it says:

EEA family members
You must show that your EEA family member has a permanent right of residence or is one of the following if they’ve been in the UK for more than 3 months:

1. working, eg employment contract, wage slips, letter from employer
2. self-employed, eg contracts, invoices, or audited accounts with bank statements, and paying tax and National Insurance
3. studying, eg letter from the school, college or university
4. financially independent, eg bank statements

Your family member must have full health insurance (comprehensive sickness insurance) if they’re studying or financially independent.
Soo the point 4. is good with me ? I just gonna show we got money on my bank account ??

on other hand on Polish (good website) it's translated that

I need to have JOB in UK or in POLAND, and I Need to show my bank statments from 3 months back.

wich wone would be truth??

and another thing: on British Embassy it says in point 2. Eligable

2. Eligibility
Applying as a family member or extended family member
The EEA citizen you’re joining must either:

1. be in the UK already
2. be travelling with you to the UK within 6 months of the date of your application
3. If they’ve been in the UK for more than 3 months they must either:

be a ‘qualified person’ (working, looking for work, self-employed, studying or self-sufficient)
have a permanent right of residence
So im good with point 2. we definately planning to go preatty quick to UK with her.

but on next page with documents requaried says:

EA family members
You must show that your EEA family member has a permanent right of residence or is one of the following if they’ve been in the UK for more than 3 months:
but I dont have PErmament rights of residence I just going there I have right OF RESIDENCE..

so that is for me little bit confusing ;/;/

thanks for all anwsers! Hope its not confusing for you to, Im not the best with explenations hehehe :)

have a good day!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am not an expert but I can probably clear some things up since I am in almost the same position as you. (Living in the US with EU husband and planning on moving to the UK with him) and I am currently waiting for a decision on my permit.

If you have never lived in the UK for more than 3 months then you do not need to prove right of residence until AFTER you move to the UK. If this is true in your case then the permit is actually simple. All you need is a marriage certificate, passports, and proof of living with your fiancée for 2 years. It doesn't say on the website but you will also need proof of a legitimate relationship such as photos, texts, phone records, ect. They do not need any financial information.

Once you get your permit and move to the UK then you need to exercise treaty rights within 3 months so your fiancée can stay in the UK with you. This really helped me understand the requirements if you want to give it a read:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/eea-family-permits-eun02/eea-family-permit-eun02

I hope this helps and if I'm wrong about anything (I hope not!) someone please correct me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That SOUNDS awesome for me, and just make it celar I don't live with my Finacee together in USA BUT we gonna be married in Poland and make aplication from there. And I think we have preatty good proofs of relationship so I think I shouldnt be worried about that somebody will accuse us for fake marrige etc. altho I know it might be little not good looking if we gonna Applay for EEA Permit like month after marrige or soo... But well.. what choice do we have? :) hehe

thanks for your reply! it makes me feel little better :)

Ps: Please let me know when you gonna get your Permitt! good luck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think they really want you to have been living together for at least 2 years so you might need to be concerned about that. Maybe it only applies for non-married couples but I am not sure. You should definitely do more research on the matter. As for getting married in such a short time frame before applying, I only just got married in February of this year and I'm also worried about that so I know how you feel! I'm so nervous! Good luck and I'm happy to help :)

·
Super Moderator
18,094 Posts
I think they really want you to have been living together for at least 2 years so you might need to be concerned about that. Maybe it only applies for non-married couples but I am not sure. You should definitely do more research on the matter. As for getting married in such a short time frame, I only just got married in February of this year and I'm also worried about that so I know how you feel! I'm so nervous! Good luck and I'm happy to help :)
It only applies to unmarried partners. You do not have to prove you have been living together for 2 years if you are married.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It only applies to unmarried partners. You do not have to prove you have been living together for 2 years if you are married.
Ohh that's great news for the both of us! I wasn't sure when I applied so I sent them proof of living with my husband. I figured it looked suspicious that we have only been married for a few months but that makes me feel much better knowing that I actually didn't need it. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you know is there some regulations about period of Marriage that need to be before we aplay for EEA Family Permit??

Because I was just reading some Poland regulations about get my Wife a Temporary Resident Card and there are regulations that we CAN'T APPLY for that earlier than at least 3 months of Marriage Certificate date (period)... i mean that we need to be married at leas 3 months..

Do the same or more is in UK?? do You know? Because I will basically will be after marriage like 2 months or something like that...

Eeeeeh this laws..

thanks

·
Registered
39,153 Posts
No such rule under EEA regulations. But you need to show your relationship is genuine and it's not a marriage of convenience. So length of marriage may be a factor, plus verifiable relationship history from first contact/meeting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I mean I know it might not look super REAL but Im preatty sure we have genuine, thooousands of photos from diffrenet places, all conversations of FB, WHATs UP EVRY SINGLE DAY etc. etc. we not living together thoo.. but hey we not married yet hehe :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
You wanted an update on my application so I'm letting you know that I got my permit today :D
I've only been married for 3.5 months but apparently it wasn't a problem. We sent about 50 photos for proof of our genuine relationship. I'm sure you'll be fine if that's all we needed. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.