Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I want to thank everyone for making this forum so helpful!

Now it's certainly not the first time this question has been asked, but I couldn't find any answers.

I have recently applied for the EEA RC as a non-EU spouse of a EEA national (EEA FP has expired last month), got a new job and now am expected to travel to EU for business. I have an Austrian residence card, so leaving the country shouldn't be a problem, but there are a few things that I'd like to get clarified about getting back in.

I got COA last week, but I haven't requested my passport back yet, undecided if I should try to cancel the trips because of the following paragraph:
• if I am the main applicant or another applicant and I am subject to immigration control (i.e. not settled or an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national) and I have requested my travel document for identity purposes I understand that if I use those documents to travel outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man my application may be refused, voided or withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded. I may also be unable to re-enter the UK;

What does this "may" even mean here?
Has anyone here tried getting an EEA Dependant stamp without a partner present at the border recently?
Would a passport with an expired EEA FP in it, a copy of my partner's passport, our marriage certificate, COA for RC and my partner's recent payslips be enough to prove that I am travelling back home to join my partner?
The border officers will surely see my RC pending the moment they get my passport scanned. Now does a withdrawal of the passports and marriage certificate usually affect the application, i.e. does it take longer for the case to be processed or puts the application at risk of refusal? I mean not just on paper, but are there real life examples? I understand many professionals are faced with businees travel that they can't cancel, hence the question. Any ideas?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
39,153 Posts
There have been recent examples of immigration officers getting much stricter in demanding to see correct documents. So it is possible though not certain that you are refused entry with the documents you have, i.e. without residence card. So I would postpone the trip till I get the residence card if I were you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.