Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 644 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I applied for EEA 2 via my Italian husband about three months ago (I'm American) and still awaiting the result. From my research, most cases take around 2-4 months and some up to 6 months. So I'm wondering if anyone else applied in 2015 and can share their timeline/processing time?

Here's mine...

April 9th 2015 - EEA 2 Application sent
April 15th - My credit card was charged by HO for the EEA 2 application
April 28th - Biometrics taken
May 1st - Certificate of Application received

Thanks!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No it doesn't mean that. Often the payment is processed by another division or even an external agent and your application may still be in a queue waiting to be looked at.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone have any news or updates from Home Office regarding EEA2 Residence Card? It's been 4 months since we submitted the application. We used a visa agent who said that he's been seeing longer than normal processing time for EEA2 and other visas. I'd love to hear your timeline. Thanks!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Someone this week got theirs after 4 months, so it is increasing from 2-3 months earlier in the year.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi
I sent my on 01.07.15 . I got the biometric and coa mid of July.
I requested my partner passport which has been returned.
Now waiting for the residence card.

Joppa this is my second eea2 application.
Will I get right of appeal if they refused this time ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Someone this week got theirs after 4 months, so it is increasing from 2-3 months earlier in the year.
Hi Joppa,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please advise on my situation?

My EEA Family Permit expires on 6th of September. My husband and I are going to a wedding in Spain on the 10th of September. As I still haven't received the Residence Card, I called UKVI asking whether I will be admitted back to the UK with an expired EEA Family Permit. The agent told me there is no problem for reentry as long as we provide proof that we're married. I called back UKVI to see if we can show our marriage certificate without apostille (the extended marriage certificate with apostille is at the Home Office), another agent answered the phone and said I will not be admitted back to the UK without getting another EEA Family Permit! My visa agent who is processing my Residence Card also told us that I will be able to get back to the UK without issues. We're at our wits end as we keep finding contradicting information from different sources! Do you have any advice or know whom I should contact to get a correct answer?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Nobody knows for certain as it's at the discretion and judgement of immigration officer, but they are making things more difficult for those without valid EEA family permit or residence card. They seem reluctant to issue EEA Dependant ink stamp (which replaced Code 1A stamp) and we've just had someone who was denied the ink stamp (didn't have EEA family permit) and only given leave to enter for 30 days.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nobody knows for certain as it's at the discretion and judgement of immigration officer, but they are making things more difficult for those without valid EEA family permit or residence card. They seem reluctant to issue EEA Dependant ink stamp (which replaced Code 1A stamp) and we've just had someone who was denied the ink stamp (didn't have EEA family permit) and only given leave to enter for 30 days.
Oh wow...is this person waiting to get his or her residence card as well? But if I don't leave the UK, I'm still ok to stay in the UK legally with an expired EEA Family Permit?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, as there is no internal check. But leaving and re-entering UK will bring you face-to-face with Home Office and you will be scrutinised.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right ok. It sound like I should either get another EEA Family Permit or not leave the UK if I don't receive Residence Card before the travel date. Another question on EEA Family Permit. I got my first one in NYC when I still had an apartment there. Now that I'm living in London with my husband, where am I suppose to obtain an EEA Family Permit if my residency is in the UK? Thanks for all your help!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can get it anywhere outside UK, even if you are just visiting.
Thanks Joppa! Does anyone have experience and advice on which country has a fairly quick processing time for EEA Family Permit? It took me around a week to get my in NYC but the flight and hotel would be very expensive...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I applied for residence card along with my wife (Polish National) in the month of March, 2015 and its been 5 months and we are still waiting for a decision.

I applied initially using EEA (EFM) form as we were only engaged at the time of application but attached notice of marriage, issued by Marriage registrar, with the application. Later, in the month of May, we submitted original of marriage certificate to be attached to the application.

I have tried to contact UK visa and Immigration many times but they keep saying Visa processing takes sometimes 6 months and they would not be able tell anything about our application before the end of 6 months i.e untill the end of September.

Following is the timeline of the application:

23rd March 2015 - Residence Card + Residence Certificate application sent using form EEA(EFM) and EEA (QP)
25th March - Application fees deducted from my account
30th March - Issued with Certificate of Application with right to work.
7th May- Submitted original Marriage Certificate to be attached to the application along with a covering letter.

Its been very frustrating waiting so long for the card. I am suppose to travel out of UK in the month of October and thinking whether I would be able to get my Residence card before that.

Is this normal time take to process the residence card?Is there any way to expedite the processing time by the UKVI? Please help...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi
I sent my on 01.07.15 . I got the biometric and coa mid of July.
I requested my partner passport which has been returned.
Now waiting for the residence card.

Joppa this is my second eea2 application.
Will I get right of appeal if they refused this time ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I applied for EEA 2 via my Italian husband about three months ago (I'm American) and still awaiting the result. From my research, most cases take around 2-4 months and some up to 6 months. So I'm wondering if anyone else applied in 2015 and can share their timeline/processing time?

Here's mine...

April 9th 2015 - EEA 2 Application sent
April 15th - My credit card was charged by HO for the EEA 2 application
April 28th - Biometrics taken
May 1st - Certificate of Application received

Thanks!
hi fififaye this is my second time apply for eea2 via italian husband also 😊 and here is my time line sent form ~~17/06
received ~~18/06
biometric received ~~26/06 dated 23/06
biometric done ~~ 27/06
coa with right to work ~~20/07 dated 17/07
rc ~~*@*~~ waiting

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hi fififaye this is my second time apply for eea2 via italian husband also 😊 and here is my time line sent form ~~17/06
received ~~18/06
biometric received ~~26/06 dated 23/06
biometric done ~~ 27/06
coa with right to work ~~20/07 dated 17/07
rc ~~*@*~~ waiting
Hi Diyou,

Do you mind if I ask you what happened with your first application?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi,

I applied for residence card along with my wife (Polish National) in the month of March, 2015 and its been 5 months and we are still waiting for a decision.

I applied initially using EEA (EFM) form as we were only engaged at the time of application but attached notice of marriage, issued by Marriage registrar, with the application. Later, in the month of May, we submitted original of marriage certificate to be attached to the application.

I have tried to contact UK visa and Immigration many times but they keep saying Visa processing takes sometimes 6 months and they would not be able tell anything about our application before the end of 6 months i.e untill the end of September.

Following is the timeline of the application:

23rd March 2015 - Residence Card + Residence Certificate application sent using form EEA(EFM) and EEA (QP)
25th March - Application fees deducted from my account
30th March - Issued with Certificate of Application with right to work.
7th May- Submitted original Marriage Certificate to be attached to the application along with a covering letter.

Its been very frustrating waiting so long for the card. I am suppose to travel out of UK in the month of October and thinking whether I would be able to get my Residence card before that.

Is this normal time take to process the residence card?Is there any way to expedite the processing time by the UKVI? Please help...

It seems like most of the applicants are waiting longer periods for their Residence Card these days from the forum and the Joppa. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that UKVI had updated the RC application recently.

We submitted the application on 10th of April, received CoA on 1st of May and haven't received Residence Card yet. Our visa agent said at the beginning that our application should be straight-forward because my husband has a great job and that we're both from 'low-risk countries'. He did mention that he's seeing later replies for visa applications.

I read somewhere that you can not contact UKVI for the application status until it's been more than 6 months since application was submitted. Hang in there...hopefully you will get an answer soon!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi just so as u know it took 6 months to get a reply for us. After which they refused due to not being able to confirm my job. They do not bother trying to find out further information, so please please please be aware that any changes of circumstances must be communicated straight away. We have now had to re-apply and will probably have to wait a further 6 months.

1 - 20 of 644 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.