Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm an IT Professional working in India with over 3 years of experience. While I'd decided to immigrate to Oz land many years ago, my educational background and my work experience seem to do some damage now. I've a bachelors degree(4 years) in Electrical engineering. I spoke to one of the immigration agents and came to know that the immigration department might not consider my work experience relevant as I do not have a degree in Computer science or IT discipline. Kindly advise if I'm still eligible to apply for permanent residence after completing 4 years of work experience with my educational background. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
JK.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi JK

have you spoken to ACS? in my knowledge elec engineering should count and 4 yrs should do for your assessment. why dont u consult a few other migration agents? tell me, they do cover a bit of computers in your engineering curriculum right? if not then u have to have 6 yrs exp for you to be eligible.

SOMV is the screen name of an agent who writes here regularly, her contact details are in her signature, you can search for her and mail/call them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Anj. I'll try to do that. I spoke to two local agencies and they weren't quite sure of it. I'll try agents you've mentioned. Thanks again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks Anj. I'll try to do that. I spoke to two local agencies and they weren't quite sure of it. I'll try agents you've mentioned. Thanks again.
Hi,

My husband has a Degree in Electrical Engineering but has worked in IT for 7 years and it was no problem with the ACS. They raised no queries about it at all and they certified him as 2231-79.

ae

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

My husband has a Degree in Electrical Engineering but has worked in IT for 7 years and it was no problem with the ACS. They raised no queries about it at all and they certified him as 2231-79.

ae
Thanks a ton for the reply. I've already got the PR. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts