Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I am planning to apply for visa 189 in Actuary (224111). I have a Bachelor and a Master degree in Finance which do not correspond to the education requirement. So, last year, I went to the U.K and got a Postgraduate Diploma degree (9 months) in Actuarial Science. After that, I've been working as an actuarial analyst for one year.

But, now, I am quite concerned about my educational qualification. I am not sure whether my U.K. Postgrad. Diploma meet the requirement "Australian Bachelor or higher degree" required by VETASSESS.

Could anyone share some knowledge about it? Many thanks.;)

====================================================
Qualification(s) assessed at Australian Bachelor degree or higher degree with a highly relevant field of study and at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years.

This occupation requires a major in Actuarial Studies or Actuarial Science. Actuarial Studies is the application of mathematical and statistical analysis in order to solve financial planning problems in areas such as insurance, superannuation and investment (ASCED). Qualifications in Mathematics or Statistics with supporting highly relevant employment will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi guys,
So, last year, I went to the U.K and got a Postgraduate Diploma degree (9 months) in Actuarial Science.
My wife had a Bsc in IT + MSc in computer science and sent for vetassess for 242111 University Lecturer. Bsc was 4 years and msc was 1.5 years + research project included. Vetassess considered it as a graduate diploma and was not suitable ..

"Master of Science awarded in 2016 by the University, of xxxxx, xxxx is assessed as comparable to, the educational level of an AQF Graduate Diploma and is therefore below the required level."

Bachelor of Science awarded in 2012 by xxxx, xxxx is assessed as, comparable to the educational level of an AQF , Bachelor degree and is therefore at the required level..

Country does not matter but content and duration mattes while if the university has sufficient accreditation.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...7761-vetassess-assessment-two-categories.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts