Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I completed 2 years of post secondary in Canada and obtained what we refer to as a Diploma.

So I had my skills assessed by Engineers Australia and sent all my information including a copy of my Diploma mentioned above.

On my assessment results from Engineers Australia, they stated "...your qualification above has been assessed as broadly comparable to an Australian Bachelor degree for the purposes of awarding points for qualifications under the General Skilled Migration points test."

My confusion comes to filling out my EOI...when I am filling out my EOI and I come to the Education information section, there is a dropdown menu that shows a long list and both options of "Diploma" and "Bachelor Degree". Which one do I select? Do I choose Diploma, as it's called in Canada, or do I choose Bachelor Degree, to which Engineers Australia says is the equivalent??

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

You should go by Engineers Australia skills assessment letter AND select "Bachelor Degree".

Hi,
I completed 2 years of post secondary in Canada and obtained what we refer to as a Diploma.

So I had my skills assessed by Engineers Australia and sent all my information including a copy of my Diploma mentioned above.

On my assessment results from Engineers Australia, they stated "...your qualification above has been assessed as broadly comparable to an Australian Bachelor degree for the purposes of awarding points for qualifications under the General Skilled Migration points test."

My confusion comes to filling out my EOI...when I am filling out my EOI and I come to the Education information section, there is a dropdown menu that shows a long list and both options of "Diploma" and "Bachelor Degree". Which one do I select? Do I choose Diploma, as it's called in Canada, or do I choose Bachelor Degree, to which Engineers Australia says is the equivalent??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts