Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is an ECO and a caseworker the same thing? I had a skype interview today and he introduced himself as an ECO. basic questions really for my husbands settlemenet visa and according to him it is becoming more common. He had my pile of paperwork with him and when he finished i asked what the next procedure is ie how long ill have to wait for an outcome. He said he didnt want to give me a rough date incase they couldnt meet that date but i should hear maximum within 3 weeks. He said he had to type the notes and give them to a caseworker. Isnt that the same as an ECO?

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
Generally,
ECO = entry clearance officer (i.e. visa officer) normally works outside UK to process visa application and decides whether to issue one or not.
Caseworker does a similar job but based in UK and deals with in-country application, e.g. switching from one visa to another, such as spouse visa to FLR.
But the distinction is getting blurred because increasing number of visa applications are processed in UK, such as settlement cases from US and the Caribbean. So you have ECOs based in UK, such as in Sheffield, who work alongside caseworkers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.