Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, we are hoping to move to Adelaide in Feb/Mar next year, however my wife is a really fussy eater and eats very plain foods e.g. roast chicken with gravy, burgers. Is there plenty of places to eat that serve this type of food and not all too fancy? Thanks. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi, we are hoping to move to Adelaide in Feb/Mar next year, however my wife is a really fussy eater and eats very plain foods e.g. roast chicken with gravy, burgers. Is there plenty of places to eat that serve this type of food and not all too fancy? Thanks. :D

Yes. Australia serves roast chicken with gravy and burgers....... But only on Tuesdays. For the rest of the time its fancy stuff like ham and kangaroo meat. At Christmas we feast on grilled goanna with an infamous wallaby sauce,- its great mate. *thumbs up*

But seriously - Australian supermarkets are very similar in offering simple foods like the UK. You may have trouble finding grilled mars bars though.:)

If you don't believe me look it up yourself. http://www.coles.com.au/

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
There are plenty of plain foods, fish and chips, roast chicken, potatoes.
However they do sometimes like to add more spices than you might see back in the UK (I call that the Asian influence and all that backpacking through Southeast Asia).

Since I love chilis and spices this works out nice for me :)

The most unusual are the Pizzas, check this one out from one of the shops near me:
Curry Channa Pizza:
White Cheese Base, Curried Chickpea Salsa, garnished with crushed Macadamia Nuts. Mint Yogurt & Fresh Coriander.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts