Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am completely freaked out!
I live in vialonga, in one of the high rises there, and not up to 10 minutes ago,, about 1.35am, the whole flat shook!! the glasses rattled in the shelves and the glass table shook! For those living in Portugal, Vialonga is situated on the hills!! I'm so freaked out!!:confused2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just saw on the news that there was an underwater earthquake off the coast of Portugal, near Faro about the same time I felt that tremor: (

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
We had a bit of it in Spain, I didnt feel a thing (!!!!), but apparently it was felt in Málaga!

Jo xxx

·
Registered
868 Posts
twas a biggish one this time, my place was shaking for a while, was having a nice dream too and then the earth moved,,,,

this was 5.5 with the US Geological service and 6.3 with the spanish measurements, I had a 4.5 in Dubai last year and they evacuated half the buildings in the town, good thing it was so early in the morning here in Albufeira

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in Tunes inland from coast ,woke me up never had a experiance like that, does it happen often here , is it something to be worried about

1 - 10 of 10 Posts