Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've lived in London previously, and I know how crazily expensive rents can be there. Much more expensive than Sydney where I currently live, and Sydney is not cheap... I made a quick list of ways I found to make money on the side to afford living in London. Don't hesitate to add to that list if you have any other ideas!

1. Selling stuff on Etsy.
If you like to make jewels, toys, or paint things, you can sell your things on Etsy. I know a few people who do that full time, as their main job.

2. Renting your parking space or apartment.
I guess this is self explanatory. You can rent your driveway or garage with YourParkingSpace or lease your flat with Airbnb. It's very easy, and you can make great money.

3. Selling t-shirts or ebooks with Amazon.

You can register on Merch or KDP Select to sell t-shirts or ebooks you wrote. It's totally free, but you have to be a very creative person to be successful:)

Any other ideas to earn a side income to survive in London?

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
While you are talking about your side job, what's your main job going to be?

What is your main salary going to be?

Your side job is not going to earn you enough to live in London.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
And if someone cannot afford to live in London why would they move there in the first place? Doesn't it make more sense to move somewhere more affordable?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

As I mentioned in my first message, I don't live in London right now, but I used to. I wanted to give a few tips for people moving there to complement their main income. When you live in such an expensive city, I think it's always a good thing to find new ways to earn extra money :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.