Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could some kind person enlighten me as to what the minimum income requirement is in France for UK citizens intending to move and take-up residence before the end of this year (2020)? As early retirees, my spouse and I already have a modest monthly income from private pensions and intend to buy our French property using savings. We will have a UK property that we intend to rent to generate an income until we reach the UK State Pension age in approximately 4 years time when we will then sell it. I have seen various amounts mentioned and I have no idea which is the correct amount. Also, would the French authorities when working out your income take into account the fact that you own your own home and treat that as an asset? Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Could some kind person enlighten me as to what the minimum income requirement is in France for UK citizens intending to move and take-up residence before the end of this year (2020)? As early retirees, my spouse and I already have a modest monthly income from private pensions and intend to buy our French property using savings. We will have a UK property that we intend to rent to generate an income until we reach the UK State Pension age in approximately 4 years time when we will then sell it. I have seen various amounts mentioned and I have no idea which is the correct amount. Also, would the French authorities when working out your income take into account the fact that you own your own home and treat that as an asset? Thanks in advance :)
Why not look at the government website if you want the correct figures
https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F2651

- click on Inactif and then choose the appropriate age range and household situation.

You will see that for a couple aged under 65, which it sounds from your post like you are, the figure is currently 839,62 € a month.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Glad to have helped.
I find the government website an excellent resource.
You will find France is more transparent than the UK, the government and other bodies put information out into the public domain and make it accessible. However it's not so good at bothering to delete obsolete web pages, so you just need to make sure that whatever source you use, is up to date.
All the best with your plans and your eventual move, and do come back to the forum if you have any other issues :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts