Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
I am currently dealing with a complicated situation where i don't know what my options are and what might happen to me.
At the moment I am on a student visa which is valid until 29th of Feb 2022 and I have also lodged an application for 190 visa which came with a bridging visa (with no conditions on working hours) and will naturally kick in as the student visa expires (End of Feb 2022).
However due to my accelerated studies, my diploma course will finish in almost two months (late August this year) and then the institute will notify DHA of completion of the course which might result in cancellation of the student visa.
If such a thing happens, will I be forced to leave Australia within 28 days or as I have already lodged an application for 190 visa other terms will apply on me?
Any helps are greatly appreciated. Thank you 馃檹

Registered
Hello everyone
I am currently dealing with a complicated situation where i don't know what my options are and what might happen to me.
At the moment I am on a student visa which is valid until 29th of Feb 2022 and I have also lodged an application for 190 visa which came with a bridging visa (with no conditions on working hours) and will naturally kick in as the student visa expires (End of Feb 2022).
However due to my accelerated studies, my diploma course will finish in almost two months (late August this year) and then the institute will notify DHA of completion of the course which might result in cancellation of the student visa.
If such a thing happens, will I be forced to leave Australia within 28 days or as I have already lodged an application for 190 visa other terms will apply on me?
In all probability, as your course is being completed and you are not abandoning your studies, your bridging visa should kick in earlier
I am saying this as a layman based on what I think is logical
You should take a paid consultation from a Mara agent in writing on the point
Cheers

Registered
Hello everyone
Mate, enroll in a short term course of 6 months or enroll in a one year diploma. That should solve your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts