Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I am a partner of a British citzen and my second Leave to Remain visa was issued on 21-11-2015 (expiry date on 19-06-2018)
When is the earliest date that I can apply for my Indefinite Leave to Remain?

I would like to apply before the increase of the visa fees which should come into effect on April 2018.

Thanks,
Francisco

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
5 years from the date you arrived in the UK on your first spouse visa, minus 28 days

·
Registered
149 Posts
So if I originally arrived to the UK on 7 May 2015, then the earliest day I could apply for ILR would be 9 Apr 2020?

Even though my current FLR visa doesn't expire until 11 June 2020?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Yes. Your visa expiry doesn't always align with your entry date to the UK, especially if you entered before the 30-day entry vignette was rolled out.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hi guys. Is the ILR process same as the FLR, but just need to do B1 and Life in the UK tests?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi guys. Is the ILR process same as the FLR, but just need to do B1 and Life in the UK tests?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Hi Regarding the B1 and Life in the UK test - see below

I am not certain that a new B1 will be required? My partner used her MSc Degree taught in UK both time we applied for her FLR M

Excerpt from SET M Guidance Notes -
In order to qualify for indefinite leave to remain, all applicants aged 18-64 must meet the two
parts of the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirement, by:
• passing the Life in the UK test,
And by meeting one of the following language qualifications:
• having a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 level or above of the
Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), or
• having a degree that was taught or researched in English, or
• being a national of an English-speaking country.
Further guidance regarding these requirements can be found on GOV.UK at: Knowledge of
language and life in the UK - GOV.UK
The Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirement changed on 19 November 2015.
SET(M) Guidance Notes version 08/2017 - page 5
An English language qualification at B1 level or above is only now acceptable if it is on the list
which can be found at: Applying for a UK visa: approved English language tests - Publications-gov.uk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.