Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am hoping to apply for spouse visa to join my British husband in the UK. I sat for the IELTS examination in March in order to meet the English language requirement.

However, according to the new rules the results are only valid until November 5th 2015. I am hoping to travel during the first week of Feb.

When is the earliest I can apply?
Is it true that it has to be only 3 months before the date of travel? I want to submit the online application at least 2 weeks before the 5th of November because I don't want to risk the English qualification becoming invalid.

I am also worried that although I will manage to submit the online application before the 5th Nov ,I might not be able to get an appointment at the VFS before that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response :)

Yes, I am sure. As stated above the table in the link you sent me ,because I sat for the exam before April I can use the test results in an application only till the 5th of November 2015.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Some IELTS tests are only valid till November, but a lot of other IELTS tests are valid beyond that. Are you really sure you took one on the transitional list?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes,I am sure.

IELTS is still an approved examination even after the 5th of Nov only if it's taken in an approved centre. Anyone who has taken the exam in a previously approved centre before the 5th of April is still allowed to use the qualification in an application before the 5th of November.

I sat for the examination in a previously approved centre in March ,therefore I will need to apply before the 5th of Nov. If I miss the deadline I will have to do the exam again and travel very far to the newly approved centre. The centre I took the exam in,which is in my city, is no longer an approved centre.

I need to know if anyone has applied more than three months before the intended date of travel.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Ok, you seem to be well aware of the rules.
You can apply more than 3 months before the expected date of travel, but it will just be ignored and your visa, when issued, will be made valid either from the date of issue, or 3 months from application. As under the new BRP rule you have to enter UK within 30 days of the start date of your vignette, which is based on your travel date, this won't really help you in your situation. So all you can do is to bring forward your date of travel, or take another test.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.