Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got a letter from EA mentioning the following:
Engineers Australia have identified that one or more of your career episodes have been copied – either from internet sources, publications or career episodes submitted to Engineers Australia.
This means that your CDR declaration that the Report is 'all your own work' may not be correct; and thus does you are required to submit a written explanation as to why there was such similarity and you may also send proof or evidence that this CDR is indeed your own work.

In format I need to reply EA to inform them that the information in the CDR is my own work not copied from any other CDR's? Also what explanation I need to give for similarities in the Career Episodes as I have taken my academic project in one for the Career episode?

Can someone guide me please?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Its happened to me as well...One of my colleague worked one same project applied for accesement through EA. We both wrote an episode on similar project and I received same reply what u got from EA and Outcome was rejected.

I suggest to re-write those episodes which u have taken reference from somewhere.
EA wont tell u regarding similarity found. I called them once and ask regarding same but they said its confidential and can not disclose.

Please avoid any similarity or references u would have taken.This may lead to ban of 12 months.

Best of luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pranab. Since they have asked for explanation do I need to reply them with details or submitting a new CDR will be sufficient?
In my CDR there are few sentences taken from my old xerox copy notes from my graduation days which I think is creating issue as they might have taken from internet sources/publications. If I rewrite those in my own words then will that solve this problem?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks Pranab. Since they have asked for explanation do I need to reply them with details or submitting a new CDR will be sufficient?
In my CDR there are few sentences taken from my old xerox copy notes from my graduation days which I think is creating issue as they might have taken from internet sources/publications. If I rewrite those in my own words then will that solve this problem?
I think it will.
Reply them with justification in a cover letter and attached evidences of you employer with described responsibilities in your CDR.Hope it will work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts