Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I am working as "Telecom System Engineer (Billing/IN)" with Computer Science Engineering degree. My profile is related to support and deployment for Prepaid/Postpaid Billing systems which is a mixture of both Telecommunications and Software applications tasks. Currently holding a 457 Visa and planning to apply Australia Subclass 189 PR....

Can Expats guide me, should I apply Australia PR SkillSelect with Engineers Australia or ACS?

Also what would be suitable ANZSCO code
Suitable for ACS:
---------------------
263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer

Suitable for Engineers Australia:
------------------------------------------
263311 - Telecommunications Engineer

Thanks,
Ashok

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi,

I am working as "Telecom System Engineer (Billing/IN)" with Computer Science Engineering degree. My profile is related to support and deployment for Prepaid/Postpaid Billing systems which is a mixture of both Telecommunications and Software applications tasks. Currently holding a 457 Visa and planning to apply Australia Subclass 189 PR....

Can Expats guide me, should I apply Australia PR SkillSelect with Engineers Australia or ACS?

Also what would be suitable ANZSCO code
Suitable for ACS:
---------------------
263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer

Suitable for Engineers Australia:
------------------------------------------
263311 - Telecommunications Engineer

Thanks,
Ashok
hi ashok,

let's anatomize your case meticulously.

If you could answer below questions, i can guide you more clearly.

1. Did you check your current roles and responsibilities against that of Telecommunications engineer, Telecommunications network engineer and Computer network and systems engineer?

2. How many of your current responsibilities match with the above occupations?. Do a research on this as shown below.

Telecommunications engineer- 10 roles in DIAC's description- 8 roles match your current job
Telecommunications network engineer- 8 roles in DIAC's description- 6 roles match with your current job
Computer network and systems engineer- 12 roles in DIAC's description-11 roles match with your current job

3. It is true that many of the occupation's job description overlap with each other. So, be specific about how many roles match with your current job. Do decide the occupation first and then the assessing authority can be chosen accordingly.

4. Check the number of seats allocated for all these 3 occupations and how many filled in so far?

5. which is the easiest occupation under which you can get PR from in a hassle-free way?

6. How many overall points you hold currently?

7. If you go for ACS, they deduct first 2 years in your case, now check your points for work experience with the case of reduction of 2 years and calculate the overall points for this case separately.

For your information, Telecommunications engineering roles are really difficult to get the invite from whereas Computer systems role is the easiest to get invite in no time. Also, holding aussie experience is an added advantage as it yields more points than overseas experience.

when you come up with answers, i can direct you on the right track.

Warm regards,
sathiya

Reactions: ashokseenu

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Sathiya,

Thank you detailed info...

If I distinguish my profile as per DIAC description, it is matching with Computer Networks & System Engg. I am not into Core Telecom networking related to CS/PS Core domains. Two of my job name itself has System Engineer included in it and I am mostly working with Telecom Billing projects.

Even if 2 years got deducted in overall 8yrs, i would have 65 points.
I am preparing my documents to apply for SkillSelect via ACS. Hope all goes well...
Will keep you posted...

Thanks n Regards,
Ashok

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi Sathiya,

Thank you detailed info...

If I distinguish my profile as per DIAC description, it is matching with Computer Networks & System Engg. I am not into Core Telecom networking related to CS/PS Core domains. Two of my job name itself has System Engineer included in it and I am mostly working with Telecom Billing projects.

Even if 2 years got deducted in overall 8yrs, i would have 65 points.
I am preparing my documents to apply for SkillSelect via ACS. Hope all goes well...
Will keep you posted...

Thanks n Regards,
Ashok
Hi ashok,

if the above is your case, then i strongly recommend you to prepare the documentation for computer systems and network engineer and you will get the positive outcome from ACS for your skills. But, i recommend you to get letter of job description clearly mentioning the roles and responsibilities as per DIAC's description (of course, only the roles matching your current job).

All the best for your skills assessment and for sure, you will get the invite immediately with 65 points.

If the above information is helpful, i recommend you to hit "Thanks" and "Like" buttons to encourage me addressing your queries on time.

Warm regards,
sathiya

1 - 4 of 4 Posts