Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I everyone,

I'm in a total hopeless situation.
I applied for accreditation in EA but failed and got banned to reapply for 12 months on account for plagiarism. (I didn't do it but saying that doesn't matter anymore, my assessor didn't agree with my arguments)

Below are my details. I've asked my seniors and I don't think I'm eligible for a subclass 485 because my program falls short in duration.

TOEFL: 10 points (will do PTE and get 20 here)

So best case scenario I have 50 points. I wanted to get undergrad accredited from EA and get 65 points and go for subclass 190 with 70.

My engineering is Electronics and it is IT Minor(not enough IT subjects for IT Major)

I have only 3 years work experience in IT industry (falling short of the 4 year requirement)

So overall maximum points I can have now is 50. Plus, EA won't accredit me and I'm probably not eligible for ACS (not enough experience)

I know this looks as hopeless as I think it is. I'm graduating in 3 weeks, my student Visa is expiring in little more than 2 months and I've just about given up and packed my bags, but I wanted to ask this.

Is there any option I can still explore and somehow stay back in Australia.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I everyone,

I applied for accreditation in EA but failed and got banned to reapply for 12 months on account for plagiarism. (I didn't do it but saying that doesn't matter anymore, my assessor didn't agree with my arguments)

Below are my details. I've asked my seniors and I don't think I'm eligible for a subclass 485 because my program falls short in duration.

So best case scenario I have 50 points. I wanted to get undergrad accredited from EA and get 65 points and go for subclass 190 with 70.

My engineering is Electronics and it is IT Minor(not enough IT subjects for IT Major)

I have only 3 years work experience in IT industry (falling short of the 4 year requirement)

So overall maximum points I can have now is 50. Plus, EA won't accredit me and I'm probably not eligible for ACS (not enough experience)

I know this looks as hopeless as I think it is. I'm graduating in 3 weeks, my student Visa is expiring in little more than 2 months and I've just about given up and packed my bags, but I wanted to ask this.

Thanks
If you are graduating from an Australian Institution with Bachelor of Engineering (Accord Degree), then you can apply for 476 Visa for 18 months. But first you need to leave Australia. You will be asked by the case officer to leave if you are in Australia while the decision is being made. Or just leave after graduation, take a nice holiday, enjoy mom's cooking and come back in 1-3 months (476 Visa processing time).

Skilled—Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476)

Also did the EA CO gave you the option to withdraw your application and not get banned and apply again or you were given straight ban. Usually EA CO gives you the opportunity for application withdrawal.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I everyone,

Thanks

You submitted fraud documents or what happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You submitted fraud documents or what happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got involved with a fraudulent CDR helping agency. I wrote my CDRs and sent them for checking. They did make some good changes, added a lot of first person language and put everything in a presentable format.

However, I think while helping me with my CDRs, the agency also sold them to someone else. So now when I submitted my CDRs, they were plagiarized.

Obviously, they stopped responding to mail and calls after that.

Learning: Do no use CDR helping agencies as they can backstab you whenever they want.

Reactions: commie_rick

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are graduating from an Australian Institution with Bachelor of Engineering (Accord Degree), then you can apply for 476 Visa for 18 months. But first you need to leave Australia. You will be asked by the case officer to leave if you are in Australia while the decision is being made. Or just leave after graduation, take a nice holiday, enjoy mom's cooking and come back in 1-3 months (476 Visa processing time).

Skilled—Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476)

Also did the EA CO gave you the option to withdraw your application and not get banned and apply again or you were given straight ban. Usually EA CO gives you the opportunity for application withdrawal.
I did not commit plagiarism and I provided the original project reports as well as plagiarism check reports and asked for a chance to rework on my CDRs instead of withdrawing the application.

Unfortunately, my college is not recognized for a 476 VISA, only 5 colleges in India are recognized. Thanks though.

Reactions: commie_rick

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I got involved with a fraudulent CDR helping agency. I wrote my CDRs and sent them for checking. They did make some good changes, added a lot of first person language and put everything in a presentable format.

However, I think while helping me with my CDRs, the agency also sold them to someone else. So now when I submitted my CDRs, they were plagiarized.

Obviously, they stopped responding to mail and calls after that.

Learning: Do no use CDR helping agencies as they can backstab you whenever they want.
They could sell it to other people or what can also happen is, they used plagiarisation site to check your CDR and when that happens, the site saves it. So, when EA checks for plagiarisation, they find the copy and calls your copy plagiarised.

I did not commit plagiarism and I provided the original project reports as well as plagiarism check reports and asked for a chance to rework on my CDRs instead of withdrawing the application.

Unfortunately, my college is not recognized for a 476 VISA, only 5 colleges in India are recognized. Thanks though.
Unfortunately, if you asked us before asking for a reword with EA, we could have told you arguing with EA doesn't work. 99% of such cases are banned if you don't withdraw application and then submit a new one, but now its too late.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They could sell it to other people or what can also happen is, they used plagiarisation site to check your CDR and when that happens, the site saves it. So, when EA checks for plagiarisation, they find the copy and calls your copy plagiarised.
If this is the case, is there anything I can do? I mean, the agency did put my CDRs on Turnitin and sent me a full plagiarism report with less than 3% plagiarism.
And suddenly, my CDRs are plagiarized.
Can I appeal with this information. Is there any way to know for sure? My CA refused to give me more information about where the CDRs are plagiarized from.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
If this is the case, is there anything I can do? I mean, the agency did put my CDRs on Turnitin and sent me a full plagiarism report with less than 3% plagiarism.
And suddenly, my CDRs are plagiarized.
Can I appeal with this information. Is there any way to know for sure? My CA refused to give me more information about where the CDRs are plagiarized from.
I don't know much about appeal process. You can try formal/informal review but not sure if it applies to you. Or can try explain the whole thing but first ask Turnitin to remove it from their site.

Reactions: Famedevon
1 - 8 of 8 Posts