Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Could u please help me to clarify my query on Skill Assessment from EA? I passed 5 companies with the position in Structural Engineer.
- 1st employment: 3 years 2 months
- 2nd employment: 6 months
- 3rd employment: 10 months
- 4th employment: 3 months.
- 5th employment: 5 months
I don't know whether EA will accept and calculate points for my employment in short time (under 1 year) as above. Also, EA will calculate incluing probation time or not. For above jobs, I signed the 1 year contract.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi everyone,
Could u please help me to clarify my query on Skill Assessment from EA? I passed 5 companies with the position in Structural Engineer.
- 1st employment: 3 years 2 months
- 2nd employment: 6 months
- 3rd employment: 10 months
- 4th employment: 3 months.
- 5th employment: 5 months
I don't know whether EA will accept and calculate points for my employment in short time (under 1 year) as above. Also, EA will calculate incluing probation time or not. For above jobs, I signed the 1 year contract.

Many thanks in advance.
If EA thinks your job is good enough and related to your occupation, EA then counts every single one. EA doesn't care if you worked less in some jobs. EA will add all of them up and you can claim points for all if you qualify.

Reactions: tai2810

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If EA thinks your job is good enough and related to your occupation, EA then counts every single one. EA doesn't care if you worked less in some jobs. EA will add all of them up and you can claim points for all if you qualify.
Many thanks for your reply. Also, I am wondering that whether EA count the probation time or not because we passed 2 months for probation period before signing the official labour contract. I am worry if EA ignore the probation period :(

·
Registered
191 Posts

How EA will add all your of them if he will go for MSA Assessment?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,230 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
What you sent is RSEA , is not MSA ,

If you Occupation needs to be assessed via EA , you need to choose either to go for Migration Skilled Assessment OR Relevant Skilled Employment Assessment (additional Service with extra cost ) OPTIONAL Service

So , it depends in which route you need to get the Visa Grant

For ACS as I know it is not optional to assess the employment rather than EA

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
What you sent is RSEA , is not MSA ,

If you Occupation needs to be assessed via EA , you need to choose either to go for Migration Skilled Assessment OR Relevant Skilled Employment Assessment (additional Service with extra cost ) OPTIONAL Service

So , it depends in which route you need to get the Visa Grant

For ACS as I know it is not optional to assess the employment rather than EA

You asked me how EA add. I showed you how they add under RSEA in a MSA Letter.

And yes its MSA along with RSEA. Please look at the heading.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going to apply for Visa 189 - the position in Structural Engineer. I have overseas qualification. Which service for MSA from EA should I do?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I am going to apply for Visa 189 - the position in Structural Engineer. I have overseas qualification. Which service for MSA from EA should I do?
You need to explain what exactly is overseas. If your Bachelor is Accord, then you go for Washington Accord. If not accord, you go for CDR - Competency Demonstration Report route.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You need to explain what exactly is overseas. If your Bachelor is Accord, then you go for Washington Accord. If not accord, you go for CDR - Competency Demonstration Report route.
My Bachelor is not accord. It means that I will take Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) assessment including Competency Demonstration Report +
Relevant Skilled Employment Assessment. Is it right?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
My Bachelor is not accord. It means that I will take Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) assessment including Competency Demonstration Report +
Relevant Skilled Employment Assessment. Is it right?
Yes. CDR will get you Skills Assessment.

Relevant Skilled Employment Assessment is optional but could be better if EA assesses it.

Reactions: tai2810

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts