Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys, I am new here. I was browsing through the forum; I couldn't find any similar case to mine. I graduated with Computer System Engineering at Curtin University, Perth WA. and I was awarded 233999 Professional Engineer nec from Engineering Australia Skill Assessment. Is there possible for me to appeal the outcome and have they reassessment me as 233411 Electrical Engineer?

My degree's four years course structure is mostly identical to Electronics and Communication Engineering in Curtin University.

bit.ly/2fJG17k << Link to my units compares to Electronics and Communication Engineering. :( (I'm not able to post a link.)

If they could grant me 233411 I would have 65 points to lodge my 189. :confused:

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi, guys, I am new here. I was browsing through the forum; I couldn't find any similar case to mine. I graduated with Computer System Engineering at Curtin University, Perth WA. and I was awarded 233999 Professional Engineer nec from Engineering Australia Skill Assessment. Is there possible for me to appeal the outcome and have they reassessment me as 233411 Electrical Engineer?

My degree's four years course structure is mostly identical to Electronics and Communication Engineering in Curtin University.

bit.ly/2fJG17k << Link to my units compares to Electronics and Communication Engineering. :( (I'm not able to post a link.)

If they could grant me 233411 I would have 65 points to lodge my 189. :confused:

Cheers.
Did you try asking the EA help desk about this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you try asking the EA helpdesk about this?
Hi sharma, I planned to have a visit to their office tomorrow. Is there any in particular that I shall prepare for the appeal? As mentioned in the appeal form: ( engineersaustralia.org.au/sites/default/files/content-files/2016-12/formal_appeal_-_26_may_-_interactive.pdf ) I am not eligible to attach any evidence to support my claim, how is it able for me to appeal? :confused:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi sharma, I planned to have a visit to their office tomorrow. Is there any in particular that I shall prepare for the appeal? As mentioned in the appeal form: ( engineersaustralia.org.au/sites/default/files/content-files/2016-12/formal_appeal_-_26_may_-_interactive.pdf ) I am not eligible to attach any evidence to support my claim, how is it able for me to appeal? :confused:
Yes visit them.

Not sure why they assessed you as a Electrical engineer with degree close to computers. Are you in different profession? Ask if you can re-apply with different code and whether it stands better chances for you?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes visit them.

Not sure why they assessed you as a Electrical engineer with degree close to computers. Are you in different profession? Ask if you can re-apply with different code and whether it stands better chances for you?
Hi sharma, You got it the another way round, they assessed me as Engineering Professionals nec ANZSCO 233999, but I would like to be evaluated as Electrical engineer 233411 as my study is closely related to Electrical engineer not to any computer server or cloud networking.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi sharma, You got it the another way round, they assessed me as Engineering Professionals nec ANZSCO 233999, but I would like to be evaluated as Electrical engineer 233411 as my study is closely related to Electrical engineer not to any computer server or cloud networking.

Cheers.
OK. My Bad

But i think the original question still stays valid

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK. My Bad

But i think the original question still stays valid
Yes, it still. I consulted an agent, and she recommends me to get a letter from my university engineering dept dean. To verify my study is closely related to electrical engineering. But once I read the appeal form, it shows that I could not attach any document.

"The lodging of a formal appeal does not allow for the submission of any new documents to support your claim, unless requested be the assessor"

I'm so confused right now :confused:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Yes, it still. I consulted an agent, and she recommends me to get a letter from my university engineering dept dean. To verify my study is closely related to electrical engineering. But once I read the appeal form, it shows that I could not attach any document.

"The lodging of a formal appeal does not allow for the submission of any new documents to support your claim, unless requested be the assessor"

I'm so confused right now :confused:
Pay them a visit and see if that leads to a viable solution.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dear, When you submitted your CDR for assessment.
I applied on 14th September under fast track but didn't received any thing till now.
Its still show Queued for assessment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dear, When you submitted your CDR for assessment.
I applied on 14th September under fast track but didn't received any thing till now.
Its still show Queued for assessment.
Hi pranabsinha, i did the assessment via Australian Qualification Pathway. 8 Weeks for the wait. (no fast track)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts