Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking for the people who have recently got their skills assessment done by EA, or are in the process of applying for assessment. I hope they can help me in few things.

I have engineering degree with over five years of relevant experience. In order to get my education and experience assessed by EA, Do i need to pay $550 + $150? Extra $150 are for the additional assessment services, and I am not sure if i should go for it or not. Please advise.

Does opting for additional assessment service affect the application turnaround time?

How can i pay EA if i don't have a credit card?

Any helpful and urgent response would be much appreciated.

·
Expat
398 Posts
hey maham,

my husband got his EA assessment last month. we paid $550+$150= $700 for the assessment.. this was for both the qualifications and experience assessment..

i think you should go for it cuz sooner or later you will need your work experience certs to be assessed for the DIAC points..

and i dont think it affects the turnaround time.. we got it done within 5 weeks.. :)

you can check the other payment options in the CDR application form.. you will get this from the EA website..
by the way if you dont mind me asking, which city are you from? we might be able to help.. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hay Yas,

Thank you very much for the information. n wow assessment in 5 weeks....that sounds great. I hope i get mine that sooner too.

You are right about the experience assessment. I have decided to go for the additional service as well.

The issue regarding online payment has been resolved. I'd pay through a friend's credit card. :)

Its really so nice of you to offer help. I would love to stay in touch with you for this whole application procedure...n then we might move to Oz together in near future .. :p m from karachi.

Wish you quick n smooth processing of immig application :)

regards,
maham

·
Registered
41 Posts
hey maham,

my husband got his EA assessment last month. we paid $550+$150= $700 for the assessment.. this was for both the qualifications and experience assessment..

i think you should go for it cuz sooner or later you will need your work experience certs to be assessed for the DIAC points..

and i dont think it affects the turnaround time.. we got it done within 5 weeks.. :)

you can check the other payment options in the CDR application form.. you will get this from the EA website..
by the way if you dont mind me asking, which city are you from? we might be able to help.. :)
thanks for the details yas. but my consultant has not yet informed me about such experience assessments or fees? is it really needed?

Mudassir Kabir

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hay Yas,

Thank you very much for the information. n wow assessment in 5 weeks....that sounds great. I hope i get mine that sooner too.

You are right about the experience assessment. I have decided to go for the additional service as well.

The issue regarding online payment has been resolved. I'd pay through a friend's credit card. :)

Its really so nice of you to offer help. I would love to stay in touch with you for this whole application procedure...n then we might move to Oz together in near future .. :p m from karachi.

Wish you quick n smooth processing of immig application :)

regards,
maham

My consultant has not yet informed me about such experience assessments ($150)or such fees? is it really needed? why are you ppl going for it?

Mudassir Kabir

·
Expat
398 Posts
hey mudassir,
this $150 fee is for assessment of your work experience from EA.. You will need it to claim points for overseas work experience.. we applied for it along with the CDR because its done in one go then.. otherwise you will have to do it later..

·
Expat
398 Posts
@ mudassir:
overseas experience means your work experience outside australia... like my hubby has 3 years work experience in ireland n 7 years in pakistan.. so the total is ten.. what about u?

·
Expat
398 Posts
@ maham:
yeah that would be cool if we all get to go together.. :D i've become more of an agent for my hubby and am handling all the paper work in this process.. :p
by the way, which field of engineering are you from? and have you written your CDR?
good luck for ur EA assessment.. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@ maham:
yeah that would be cool if we all get to go together.. :D i've become more of an agent for my hubby and am handling all the paper work in this process.. :p
by the way, which field of engineering are you from? and have you written your CDR?
good luck for ur EA assessment.. :)
nice..ur hubby is lucky..not all people can have such loyal AGENt :p
I have degree in electronics engineering with experience related to telecommunications. I am almost done with my CDRs. Need to get my documents attested by notary and hopefully would be sending my application by Monday inshAllah.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My consultant has not yet informed me about such experience assessments ($150)or such fees? is it really needed? why are you ppl going for it?

Mudassir Kabir
Hi Mudassir,

If you follow the instructions mentioned in MSA booklet, it clearly says that for over 3 years of work experience, the additional assessment service is required. I am going for it because i need to claim the points for my 5 years of experience. n yes, it is needed if you have to claim points from DIAC on the basis of your experience years.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what if i don't get my experience assessed? i don't have any overseas experience.
no assessed experience = no points can be claimed on the basis of this experience

overseas experience is the experience that you have gained by working outside of Australia. In our case, whatever experience we have IS overseas....got it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
and, tell one thing,
if we don't claim experience points, don't we get minimum required points? i.e. one way or the other, this expense is mandatory?

·
Expat
398 Posts
@ mudassir:
you need a minimum of 65 points.. so in the work experience section you will need to claim 5, 10 or 15 points for 3 years, 5 years n 8 years of experience respectively.. so if you have 3 or 5 or 8 years of experience you will need your certs to be assessed by EA to claim your points..
and yes you will have to do this sooner or later..

·
Registered
41 Posts
ok ok, :(
$150 more. but, its not connected with cdr, right? and i will need experience letters, right? or certs? and....., how much time would this take?
:confused2:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I will strongly urge you to go for this additional assessment...Though its a one line statement from EA but the importance of this assessment cant be denied. I opted for this at the last stage (literally...the $150 DD reached them just 2 days before my application was assessed..) and I can safely say that DIAC didnt ask for any more proof regarding my employment credentials...
go for it..
you will not be disappointed...
I got this wonderful advice from this forum so I feel happy to share it with someone:)

Hi,

I am looking for the people who have recently got their skills assessment done by EA, or are in the process of applying for assessment. I hope they can help me in few things.

I have engineering degree with over five years of relevant experience. In order to get my education and experience assessed by EA, Do i need to pay $550 + $150? Extra $150 are for the additional assessment services, and I am not sure if i should go for it or not. Please advise.

Does opting for additional assessment service affect the application turnaround time?

How can i pay EA if i don't have a credit card?

Any helpful and urgent response would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
463 Posts
In my opinion, that extra 150 AUD is a rip-off for a one-line statement in your letter.

This should be included in the assessment by default, considering they evaluate the CDRs and other employment information.

·
Registered
41 Posts
@ mudassir:
you need a minimum of 65 points.. so in the work experience section you will need to claim 5, 10 or 15 points for 3 years, 5 years n 8 years of experience respectively.. so if you have 3 or 5 or 8 years of experience you will need your certs to be assessed by EA to claim your points..
and yes you will have to do this sooner or later..
hey yas,

how much is the experience of your husband? is he a civil engineer?

·
Expat
398 Posts
@ lifeisgood:
i must say that we got this advice from you and are really grateful that we got to know about it on time.. :)

@ mudassir:
my husband is a civil engineer n he has 10 years of work experience.. what about u?

for the work experience assessment you need to fill a "skilled employment record".. you can find all the details about this on page 24 and 25 of the Migration Skills Assessment Booklet.. if you havent sent your CDR now then apply for this along with it.. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts