Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm from Scotland and relatively new to the expat forum so apologies in advance for replicated questions. I have a RMA who has sent my CDR for Industrial Engineer to EA in April. The payment was debited from my account on 12th April. The first available date I managed to book for IELTS is 30th June. If the skills assessment is positive and results fed back before 1st July will I be able to apply for the 175 skilled visa in lieu of the IELTS outcome?

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi,

I'm from Scotland and relatively new to the expat forum so apologies in advance for replicated questions. I have a RMA who has sent my CDR for Industrial Engineer to EA in April. The payment was debited from my account on 12th April. The first available date I managed to book for IELTS is 30th June. If the skills assessment is positive and results fed back before 1st July will I be able to apply for the 175 skilled visa in lieu of the IELTS outcome?

Thanks
You should be able to apply under current system as long as you lodge your application before June 30, 11:59 am local Australian time. I don't know how quickly you get IELTS results in UK but here in USA, it took more than 2 weeks to get my IELTS score(and even further in snail mail).

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much. I was confused that the IELTS result would need to have been submitted at time of application. My RMA has not been in contact or explained much more since CDR submission. Perhaps he is waiting on the skills assessment outcome before exerting any effort on explaining the next stage.

I am also confused about the posts that discuss priority 4, 5 etc. Is that only for SS?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi Inc,

You must be aware that Starting July 1 2012 the rules are changing in a significant manner? The new changes are restrictive & you may or may not be eligible for it. So if you plan to apply under the current system (highly recommended) you MUST lodge your visa application on or before 30th June 2012 no later.

In order to apply for the 175 visa you need both your IELTS RESULTS (which take 2 weeks from date of ur exam) & your EA assessment along with your other work experience documents.

June 30th seems like a very far off date for your IELTS exam and that way you won't make it under the current system, are you sure you are not able to find an earlier date for the exam? Look for another center, or even in a nearby town/city (i had to drive 2 hours for mine just to get a 1 month earlier exam date)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi,
As far as I know, u need a IELTS score for EA to process your CDR unless u are from certain countries. If they have not received your IELTS score, they might not start with ur application. 30th June is a really far off date for IELTS. Whats your agent saying on this>
Hi,

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, thank you for the feedback. I do not need to have IELTS for the skills assessment because I am British. However, for the 175 I need the additional points from IELTS to take my score to above 65 (I have 30 for age, 20 for education and 10 for work experience). I tried to apply for other IELTS dates about a month ago and these were all full. I guess I will have to wait for the new rules to come into play and apply for EOI in
July. I am hoping to emigrate to WA ASAP.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think I read somewhere that after u apply for a PR(175), u have 30 days to furnish all the documents for it. Anything uploaded after 30 days may not be considered. BUt again, if without IELTS are not scoring the 65 points and u are still applying, I don't know whether they will consider an IELTS TRF which has a date which is after the date of the PR application. I dunno if I am unclear, but I heard that if u apply for PR before u have a skill assessment letter in hand, the CO will immediately cancel the application.
But then again, even in the new system, if u have a state sponsorship, u will be invited if the CAP for the occupation has not reached. Don't know how true that is though

Hi, thank you for the feedback. I do not need to have IELTS for the skills assessment because I am British. However, for the 175 I need the additional points from IELTS to take my score to above 65 (I have 30 for age, 20 for education and 10 for work experience). I tried to apply for other IELTS dates about a month ago and these were all full. I guess I will have to wait for the new rules to come into play and apply for EOI in
July. I am hoping to emigrate to WA ASAP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.