Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm in the US on a E3 work visa with my 16.5 year old daughter here studying at high school as a Junior. I understand the E3 dependent spouse is able to work in the US after receiving the appropriate documentation, but I cannot find mention of the dependent children if they are coming of work age.

She's studying acting and interested to see if she can apply for paid roles, or even just do part time work after school. She will be studying full time still, just exploring side opportunities. And I understand her E3D only extends till she's 21, but if she finishes high school and I extend my E3, what visa would be best to apply if she wants to stay in the US and pursue her acting work?

And if she wants to open her own bank account here does she need a SSN?


1 - 1 of 1 Posts