Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Relatively new to all this visa / expat stuff, so hoping for a bit of advice from anyone who's been in a similar situation before.

My boyfriend is moving to the US on an E2 visa and we have been looking at ways I can go with him - an E2 dependent visa seems to be the most obvious option, so I just had a couple of questions about this -

1. Do we have to be married before I can apply for it?
2. What does the process entail? Is it an application form then interview at the Embassy?
3. How long does the process typically take from end to end? (Application - Interview - Visa granted)
4. What sort of things do they ask at the interview?

As I said above, this is all unchartered territory to me, so I really appreciate any help I can get with this!

Thanks in advance,
N

·
Registered
343 Posts
1. Do we have to be married before I can apply for it? YES, no bypasses possible.
2. What does the process entail? Is it an application form then interview at the Embassy? Get the E2 visa paperwork then, let someone fix the application paperwork and request an interview at the consulate/embassy. They will check if you have a true relation (all pretty simple if you have a standing relation). bring pics and documents of common household (also from the period you just lived together without marriage).
3. How long does the process typically take from end to end? (Application - Interview - Visa granted) It too us 4-5 working days in Shanghai from the interview until issuance of the visa.
4. What sort of things do they ask at the interview? about your relationship and the job/interests of your husband.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.