Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

A quick and simple question. What is the French equivalent of the UK E111 card and do you know how I obtain one?

Thanks!
Vicki

·
Administrator
50,010 Posts
Hi there

A quick and simple question. What is the French equivalent of the UK E111 card and do you know how I obtain one?

Thanks!
Vicki
Actually, even the E111 card isn't called that anymore. The terminology has been standardized (or should I say "harmonised") within the EU as: EHIC - European Health Insurance Card.

Check your Ameli website for information on how to obtain an EHIC for travel.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
& if you can't get to your Ameli account, just drop by your local Secu office & ask for the attestation.

NB you will only get the same cover in another country as you could get with your Carte Vitale in France. If you have a Mutuel, you should make sure it covers the "top-up" for treatment in another country, or else get some alternative insurance in place.

H

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Check your Ameli website for information on how to obtain an EHIC for travel.
Cheers,
Bev
This was very useful - I went online and in two minutes had the application filed and acknowledged. The link is right on the front page

Cheers

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
This was very useful - I went online and in two minutes had the application filed and acknowledged. The link is right on the front page

Cheers
OOPS! As usual, it gets complex. Just got an email from CPAM saying the EHIC has to be delivered by Newcastle. I'll contact then and see what is going on

Cheers

·
Administrator
50,010 Posts
OOPS! As usual, it gets complex. Just got an email from CPAM saying the EHIC has to be delivered by Newcastle. I'll contact then and see what is going on

Cheers
Oh yeah - since you are getting your CPAM benefits based on your UK retirement, it's actually the UK that is paying for your benefits, so it kind of makes sense that they would have to issue the EHIC.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Oh yeah - since you are getting your CPAM benefits based on your UK retirement, it's actually the UK that is paying for your benefits, so it kind of makes sense that they would have to issue the EHIC.
Cheers,
Bev
Yes, confusing isn't it?

OK, here's the process:

1) Get the S1 and submit it to CPAM
2) CPAM send the confirmed S1 to Newcastle
3) Newcastle sends you the EHIC applications
4) Send it back to Newcastle and in 28 days you get the EHIC(E) form

In our case, they issued the S1 in May 2011 and then sent the EHIC application in March 2012!!! Note the form is the EHIC(E) and is administered by the Overseas Health Care office of the DWP, (0)191 218 1999 (option 1 off the menu)

Hope this helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.