Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

wondering if E-2 Visa allows Financing/Loan -

Looking into a Franchise , where I could be putting in $120k - $150 of my own funds and rest ( depending on the location - Varying from 100k-200k ) needs to be financed .

The franchisor i believe has such a program to finance the rest . I'm not sure if a US bank can grant a business loan in that cases . Not sure if it matters, But We are Canadian Citizens

My question is if there are any restrictions of any sort for partially amount to be financed?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was reading through this and it says

"For those investments that are not 100%, the higher the cost of the business, the greater the amount of financing against the business assets is allowed. The State Department has published an illustrative sliding scale as follows"

I thought financing against business asset wasn't allowed.

Here is my scenario - Looking at a franchise cost around $350,000 . Should be able to put down $200,000 Cash - What are my options ?

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
I was reading through this and it says

"For those investments that are not 100%, the higher the cost of the business, the greater the amount of financing against the business assets is allowed. The State Department has published an illustrative sliding scale as follows"

I thought financing against business asset wasn't allowed.

Here is my scenario - Looking at a franchise cost around $350,000 . Should be able to put down $200,000 Cash - What are my options ?
You are a businessman - you need to come up with the difference plus living expenses. New high risk business, owner puts about 50% down and wants to borrow against that, has no legal status in the US - not likely to attract US banks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts