Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
Today we have a very bad dust storm in Dubai I just wanted to know how do you all send your kids to school? I mean to be more precisely what precautions do you take for your kids in such duststorms ? My son has dust allergy so I didn't send him to school today (as I am afraid he will have wheezing etc) but you can't do that especially when these storms are so common. So please advise me.........thanks :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just give a scarf to put over their face and stick a handheld gps in their pocket, then they will be good to go.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Yeah, why didn't you just cover his face with a scarf (invest in a dust mask) and send him off?
He should be fine within the confines of the school....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah ThaNks for the idea I think scarf or mask will be better rather than staying at home and miss all the lessons......:)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
My son is at school, and we are expecting that he will be under the weather for the rest of the week.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't like dust storms I have heard that it might rather later in afternoon atleast then we can see the beautiful sun :))

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
Kids allergies are terrible and its quite heartbreaking to see your child suffer. As long as the school doesn't let your child play outside during the sandstorm, he should be fine.

My son gets dust allergies too but luckily for me, I was too lazy to wake up this morning after a very long trip so we both slept in :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
No actually he was born here so we really can't do anything about the allergies ....only can control them thru medicines
darn. sorry to hear. i saw a parent at my daughter's school with a mouth mask on this morning. i'm assuming your kids has a respiratory allergy. if it's any consolation, i hear the windy weather doesn't last too long. it's pretty hectic though. seems to get in through every crack...

·
Banned
1 Posts
had such a bad starting of the day. Walked on the main shaikh zayed road duing heavy dust storm. Cab drive didnt know the direction so I had to walk back to the metro station.
I feel so sand sand now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's why I don't like dust storms so unpredictable .... At 3 am last nite I heard the noise of wind and quickly looked at the weather update in iPhone it showed rain :( felt excited .... Peeked from window it was only a big dust storm (got disappointed) went back to sleep ....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
darn. sorry to hear. i saw a parent at my daughter's school with a mouth mask on this morning. i'm assuming your kids has a respiratory allergy. if it's any consolation, i hear the windy weather doesn't last too long. it's pretty hectic though. seems to get in through every crack...
U r rite.... I have put masking tape all over my son's window so that the sand doesn't come thru...

·
Registered
279 Posts
So please advise me.........thanks :)
c**p, are you telling me that if I am allergic to dust I could also be allergic to sand ?

I mean, pardon my naiveness, but dust and sand are not the same thing right ? I used to live at the seaside and I have never experienced any problem ...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.