Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am in an urgent need of advise on a duplicate letter issuance from Engineers Asutralia.
Actually I hired an agent for the entire visa process and submitted my Skills assessment to Engineers Australia on 29th December 2014. After 4 months, on 29th April, I started chasing my agent about the outcome letter as it usually takes 4 months. Meanwhile, my agency shifted their office to a different location. After continuous chasing my agency, they sent a mail to Engineers Australia on 20th May asking for my update but to no avail. Finally, I called up Engineers Australia helpdesk and asked for my update, to which they replied that my outcome letter was generated on 31st March and sent by post and since my agency had changed their address on 1st April, no one was there to receive the same. Now, my agency is playing a blame game and saying that Engineers Asutralia has lost the letter in transit and that I should pay another 105 AUD to get a duplicate copy. Since I do not have a written proof from Engineers Asutralia that it was my agency's fault, I can not validate my point. Also, when I again called up Engineers Asutralia for help, someone picked up and said that they will not disclose anything to me since I have applied through my agent and that my agent can only know the status of my application, making it even harder for me to find out whom to trust.
I have already submittted my EOI on 4th June through my agency and I will need the outcome letter for visa filing.
Please help me out on what should I do as I have already spent 60,000 INR on agency in addition to the Engineers Asutralia assessment fee.
An early repsonse will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help in advance.:confused2::(

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I'm surprised your migration agent isn't having their mail forwarded to their new address.

Since you need the outcome letter, I don't think you have much choice other than to ask for a duplicate copy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Maggie - May24,
Thanks for your immediate response but I was really thinking of getting some help from Engineers Australia as its clearly my agent's fault and its quite possible that they are inventing new ways to get money. It seems you have alreay migrated, do you think it will be possible to get some help as I don't want to waste my hard earned money on such frauds but since I have already paid so much that I feel handcuffed now. Is there any other way out, please?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

As you are in urgent need of Skills Assessment letter from EA THEN just pay the amount and get the duplicate copy.

IDEALLY your Agents mail should have been forwarded to their new address. It seems your agent isn't a through professional.

REFER to following web-link for information regarding Reporting Problems with Migration Agents with IMMI department:

Reporting Problems with Migration Agents

Hi everyone,

I am in an urgent need of advise on a duplicate letter issuance from Engineers Asutralia.
Actually I hired an agent for the entire visa process and submitted my Skills assessment to Engineers Australia on 29th December 2014. After 4 months, on 29th April, I started chasing my agent about the outcome letter as it usually takes 4 months. Meanwhile, my agency shifted their office to a different location. After continuous chasing my agency, they sent a mail to Engineers Australia on 20th May asking for my update but to no avail. Finally, I called up Engineers Australia helpdesk and asked for my update, to which they replied that my outcome letter was generated on 31st March and sent by post and since my agency had changed their address on 1st April, no one was there to receive the same. Now, my agency is playing a blame game and saying that Engineers Asutralia has lost the letter in transit and that I should pay another 105 AUD to get a duplicate copy. Since I do not have a written proof from Engineers Asutralia that it was my agency's fault, I can not validate my point. Also, when I again called up Engineers Asutralia for help, someone picked up and said that they will not disclose anything to me since I have applied through my agent and that my agent can only know the status of my application, making it even harder for me to find out whom to trust.
I have already submittted my EOI on 4th June through my agency and I will need the outcome letter for visa filing.
Please help me out on what should I do as I have already spent 60,000 INR on agency in addition to the Engineers Asutralia assessment fee.
An early repsonse will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help in advance.:confused2::(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts