Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

can someone please help with this. me and my girlfriend are looking at moving to australia next year. her mum was born out there and has duel nationality as both her parents are english. my girlfriend was born in england, would she still have duel nationality to the same strenght of her mother as i was going to go to astralia on a partners visa.

any help please

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
The main thing is for you and your girlfriend to prove you have a genuine 'spouse' like relationship with her for at least 12 months. This is known as a de-facto spouse. You should be able document things like shared bills, living together, etc.

Then you can be successful on a spouse visa. Your girlfriend has no issue as she is coming over on her AU nationality and has no visa to get.

Search the forum for spouse visa and you will find many posts on the types of things you need to do.

hi

can someone please help with this. me and my girlfriend are looking at moving to australia next year. her mum was born out there and has duel nationality as both her parents are english. my girlfriend was born in england, would she still have duel nationality to the same strenght of her mother as i was going to go to astralia on a partners visa.

any help please

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. we have been togethere over two and a half years but we dont live in our own place togethere as we both live with parents (im 22 and she 19).
we dont want to move out here becouse it costs alot of money we dont have to spare where saving up as much as we can to go to oz. so no shared bills? we could easily prove we have been togethere that long as we go on alot of holidays abroud together so same stamps and dates in passport? would that mean anything though.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I doubt that would be enough to prove a de-facto relationship.

Take a read of this info sheet from the Immi website:
Australian Immigration Fact Sheet 35. One-Year Relationship Requirement

thanks. we have been togethere over two and a half years but we dont live in our own place togethere as we both live with parents (im 22 and she 19).
we dont want to move out here becouse it costs alot of money we dont have to spare where saving up as much as we can to go to oz. so no shared bills? we could easily prove we have been togethere that long as we go on alot of holidays abroud together so same stamps and dates in passport? would that mean anything though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it says about living together we do but not in our own house. we dnt want to move ot in england as its over priced and not very nice anyway. we live in east london near essex we stay at my mums house monday to friday for easy access to the city where we both work and normally stay at her mums and dads house friday night to sunday as its out the city and alot nicer area. im an electricain do you think getting a working visa would be easier. i know its more money but we just dont wish to settle down in england.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi Jamie,

Check the immigration visa wizard in the Immigration website of the Australian Embassy in London.

My husband is an Australian by descent too. He was born in London to an Aussie Dad and a British Mom and we was registered as Australian as a baby, holds a valid passport etc.

Because we are married we're going on a Spouse visa. But there are other options like, prospective marriage, working holidays, etc...

Because you guys are so young maybe she can go as an Aussie, and you as a working holiday, and if things work out between you guys, you could apply for a spouse visa.

Check all your options, in the mean time, check if your girlfriend holds a valid passport.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Busyte

1 - 6 of 6 Posts