Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
:rolleyes: What emirati is going to just go get married without an engagement period where the two families sit down and work out exactly what both side are getting and expected ?????

Really, I dont even like this place but for you people who say you are peachy with the place, you seem to have a huge disdain for your hosts. Overall, the locals I have met have been the plus side of the uae....

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
But Jynxy you don't live in the same Dubai as some of the rest of us do, in fact you try to avoid it as you are trapped here due to poor job prospects at home and a reasonable wage. Of course you will enjoy the way you are treated but I'm not a sassy blonde!!!

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
But Jynxy you don't live in the same Dubai as some of the rest of us do, in fact you try to avoid it as you are trapped here due to poor job prospects at home and a reasonable wage. Of course you will enjoy the way you are treated but I'm not a sassy blonde!!!
:rolleyes: I just avoid malls and hotels... Seems most expats avoid anything that isnt in a mall or a hotel.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
This was in 7Days on 9th February, it was an 80 year old Emirati from RAK and a 20 year old Pakistani girl, they divorced after 60 minutes. The girl changed her mind and returned the dowry.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:rolleyes: What emirati is going to just go get married without an engagement period where the two families sit down and work out exactly what both side are getting and expected ?????

Really, I dont even like this place but for you people who say you are peachy with the place, you seem to have a huge disdain for your hosts. Overall, the locals I have met have been the plus side of the uae....
My overall experience with the locals is the minus sign !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.