Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just need some advice / guidance from the group.

I'm from Alberta, Canada and have been working as a client to an international company here for the last 9 years.

Recently that international company has offered me a Management opportunity in the UAE. I know I have to send the attested education documents, which will not be a problem.

After spending hours on hours researching attestation / degrees / diploma requirements online, I need know - is a degree required to hold a management position? I have a College Diploma in Business Management and graduated in 1997 - since then I've been working, 8 of those years have been managing the account with this international company.

I'm a little worried from what I've read online, that you need a degree to hold a management position (is this a UAE government requirement requirement or a company requirement?) If so, is there any way around this?

Thanks for your responses!

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Hi,
You certainly need a degree to have a management title on your visa stamp.
If you can't provide an attested degree certificate - then the visa title would be clerical, sales etc.
It does not stop the company employing you as a manager within their organization.
One word of warning - if you need to visit Saudi for business, then they require that your UAE visa title is manager or director.
If you are visiting Qatar or Oman - it does not matter what your UAE visa title says - as you can get a visa on arrival.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
You certainly need a degree to have a management title on your visa stamp.
If you can't provide an attested degree certificate - then the visa title would be clerical, sales etc.
It does not stop the company employing you as a manager within their organization.
One word of warning - if you need to visit Saudi for business, then they require that your UAE visa title is manager or director.
If you are visiting Qatar or Oman - it does not matter what your UAE visa title says - as you can get a visa on arrival.
Cheers
Steve
Thanks Steve

In that case, why does it matter whether it says manager or clerk on the visa stamp? Aside from what you pointed out for Saudi.

Is there a cap on salary based on the visa type?

Any other things I need to be aware of in this scenario?

Appreciate your feedback.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Thanks Steve

In that case, why does it matter whether it says manager or clerk on the visa stamp? Aside from what you pointed out for Saudi.

Is there a cap on salary based on the visa type?

Any other things I need to be aware of in this scenario?

Appreciate your feedback.
There are salary brackets for positions, this would be documented on your Labour File at the Ministry - however these salary brackets are not in any way restrictive of what the company wants to pay you.

The only issue I have found for Western nationalities would be a restriction on the value of any Alcohol License - these seem to be a fixed percentage of the salary 'declared' on on your Labour File.

There may be other considerations, but nothing that I can think of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts