Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am due to drive to Abu Dhabi for the first time this week. Could someone detail directions and time it will take please or suggest web site whetre I could find information.

Many thanks
Mark

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
I think google maps is fairly accurate. Recently used it for a specific address in Abu Dhabi and the driving instructions did keep up with the road works in Abu Dhabi (which now seem to be nearly complete in downtown AD).

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Lets try directions as used locally:

Take the Yas Island exit to Abu Dhabi, and keep following the highway until you reach Corniche Road, which is the road next to the sea. Drive appx 2km, and take a left to Rashid bin Saeed Street (also known as Airport road)
In appx 500m, take a right at the roundabout towards Istiqlal street, and then drive to the end of the road which will bring you to a T Junction with lights. If you take a left, the embassy compound will start to your right.

From the time you pass Bin battuta mall it should 1h5 to 1h 10 min if you maintain a speed around 120

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lets try directions as used locally:

Take the Yas Island exit to Abu Dhabi, and keep following the highway until you reach Corniche Road, which is the road next to the sea. Drive appx 2km, and take a left to Rashid bin Saeed Street (also known as Airport road)
In appx 500m, take a right at the roundabout towards Istiqlal street, and then drive to the end of the road which will bring you to a T Junction with lights. If you take a left, the embassy compound will start to your right.

From the time you pass Bin battuta mall it should 1h5 to 1h 10 min if you maintain a speed around 120
Tropicana

Thanks very much for detailed directions.

Mark

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Just make sure you follow the signs for Yas Island and Saadiyat Island when you reach the outskirts of Abu Dhabi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.