Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Urghhh why is it that taxis simply become completely unnavailable at certain times? I am normally a great supporter of Dubai's taxi system. They are on the whole reliable, inexpensive and quick. But try to get one at around 7 and it is almost impossible. I can't believe there aren't enough to cover the peak hours because at all other times you see tons of them on the road or sitting around waiting for a fare.

I've heard people claiming it is "shift change" but that can't last from 4 until 8 can it?

What is worse is that if the central booking system doesn't get a response within a certain time period, they simply cancel the call leaving you to wait for nothing. Grrr.

·
Registered
59 Posts
with so many terrible taxi drivers in Dubai I've started taking the numbers of some of the better one's I end up getting so when I need a taxi I just call them direct rather than the main number. Saves all the hassle of not knowing if someone's going to come or not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I really hate some of taxi drivers, most of them speed and don't know what the heck they are doing on the roads, especially at late night.
That is weird that you didn't find any, I see them all the time on the roads, often they always gather in one place.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really hate some of taxi drivers, most of them speed and don't know what the heck they are doing on the roads, especially at late night.
That is weird that you didn't find any, I see them all the time on the roads, often they always gather in one place.
I think this is what is fueling my frustration as there are times during the day (usually between 4 and 8 in the afternoon) when it is almost impossible to get a taxi to come out to Jumeirah. It rather sounds as if they are congragating at some other part of town.

·
Registered
76 Posts
today I had to walk for 20 minutes around Dubai airport free zone to find then all congregating in one spot.

I'm just glad it wasn't summer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.