Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

1.Need some info from people who have already gone through this. Iam living in Dubai, so what would be the procedure to obtain both the UAE and Pakistan PCC.

2.For UAE, I believe it can be obtained through police department. For Pakistan, can we get it from consulate.

3.How much time it will take to get PCC ?

4. What are the documents required and cost ?

Probably if I will apply for 176 in 2 weeks time, I think it would be good idea to get PCC process started right now. Thanks for suggestions.

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
For UAE, you can apply at the police station but you need to check that the police station you are going to actually issues PCCs (not all of them do!). You can apply online or go in person and it will cost you AED 165 (well, that's what I paid last year). You will need to have your Emirates ID card though.

If you apply online, you will need to go down to the police to collect it. They will let you know when it is ready. If you apply in person, they will courier the PCC to you via Empost. It should take 2-3 weeks for you to get the PCC.

If you are applying for a 176 visa, then, yes, you should start applying for your PCCs now.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For UAE, you can apply at the police station but you need to check that the police station you are going to actually issues PCCs (not all of them do!). You can apply online or go in person and it will cost you AED 165 (well, that's what I paid last year). You will need to have your Emirates ID card though.

If you apply online, you will need to go down to the police to collect it. They will let you know when it is ready. If you apply in person, they will courier the PCC to you via Empost. It should take 2-3 weeks for you to get the PCC.

If you are applying for a 176 visa, then, yes, you should start applying for your PCCs now.
Thanks Maz for your reply. Also do you have the link of hospitals where we can get our medical done (in Dubai). Probably PCC is for only persons above 18 and Medical is to be done for all including kids.

I hope Iam on the right track.

Also if anyone got experience of getting Pakistani PCC from Dubai, let me know.

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Here you go: List of panel doctors

I did my medical in Australia but as of last year when I enquired, they were charging AED 850 for the full medical. I can't remember if that was inclusive of the courier fees but there seems to be a few more clinics offering e-health now, so you may be able to avoid the courier fees.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Thanks Maz for your reply. Also do you have the link of hospitals where we can get our medical done (in Dubai). Probably PCC is for only persons above 18 and Medical is to be done for all including kids.

I hope Iam on the right track.

Also if anyone got experience of getting Pakistani PCC from Dubai, let me know.

I've done mine medicals at Dr McCulloch Clinic near Al Noor Hospital in Abu Dhabi and it charged AED 850 inclusive of courier charges.

Thanks

Reactions: mimran

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Maz and Hassan

Hassan, can you guide about the time lines and steps to get PCC from Pakistan consulate in Dubai. How much time it took for you get Pak PCC. Does it take much time or we can easily get it within 2-3 weeks. Kindly share your experiences

·
Registered
760 Posts
Dear mimran;

As far as UAE PCC is concerned,I'd not applied for this,because it wasn't applicable in my case.I have had got PCC from Lahore-Pakistan,and its not a big deal and would be ready within 1/2 week or so.If you want any help in this regard,I'd be more than happy .

Thanks.

Thanks Maz and Hassan

Hassan, can you guide about the time lines and steps to get PCC from Pakistan consulate in Dubai. How much time it took for you get Pak PCC. Does it take much time or we can easily get it within 2-3 weeks. Kindly share your experiences

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

I guess I asked this question in another thread, but just wanted to know whether the Pakistani consulate issues Pakistani PCC. Please let me the procedure.

thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have been resident in Pakistan for almost two decades and am about to lodge my visa application. My agent reckons I should make arrangements for getting a PCC from Dubai just in case as I was over 16 years of age when I lived there 19 years ago and the period of stay is stated on my visa application form. Is it possible for people who are non-residents and that too after such a long time to get a PCC from the UAE.

What is the procedure, time frame and costs for obtaining a PCC from Dubai while residing in Pakistan?

Detailed guidelines would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi retro

But doesn't the character-penal guidelines.pdf document say that:

"If you are over the age of 16 and have lived in any of the countries listed in this document for a total of one year or more in the last 10 years, you must get a police certificate from that country. ..."

Since you lived in Dubai 19 years ago, I guess PCC from Dubai won't be required in your case. If you still think that you need a Dubai PCC then probably check with UAE Embassy/consulate in Pakistan

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have/had the same understanding until I reviewed the relevant guidelines on the DIBP website which are reproduced below:

'If you are over the age of 16 and have lived in any of the countries listed on this page for a total of one year or more in the last 10 years, you must get a police certificate from that country.

The certificate must cover the period of time from the issue date back to the age you ceased to be a minor, or must cover the whole time you were in a country.'

The first para is consistent with our understanding about the PCC being required for the past 10 years but if you read the second para, it sort of conflicts with the preceding para because it states that the certificate should be backdated to when you were 16+ which could be interpreted as a PCC is required for the period from 16 years onwards to date of issue for every country you have resided in for more than 1 year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No the 2nd para does not contradict with the first. It simply means that if in the last 10 yrs you were in a country where you crossed the minor age of over 16 yrs then the certificate's dates should mention that date till the current date. E.g in the last 10 yrs if you crossed 16 in the 4th year, then the certificate's dates should be from the 4th year till the issue date.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So you're saying it's from the issue date to either

- the date you became 16 OR

- the past 10 years

as applicable?

I hope so cos that'd mean just 1 PCC otherwise I'd have to get one for the UAE as well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So you're saying it's from the issue date to either

- the date you became 16 OR

- the past 10 years

as applicable?

I hope so cos that'd mean just 1 PCC otherwise I'd have to get one for the UAE as well.
Hi guys,

i lived in UAE during 2008-2013 and currently living in Pakistan...i need PCC from UAE Govt , while being in Pakistan...Please anyone know the procedure how to obtain this from Pakistan/Islamabad ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts