Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basketball courts in Marina/JBR?

Hi,

Are there any basketball courts around Dubai Marina/JBR?

Does anybody out there play?

thanks
Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Are there any basketball courts around Dubai Marina/JBR?

Does anybody out there play?

thanks
Chris
Hi Chris, i play in Safa Park just off the sheikh Zayed road.....hit me back if you want to meet up and go down...it can be a little hit and miss as regards quality of basketball but overall you always seem to get a game

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been living in Dubai (Jumeirah Beach Residence) for the last month, and I find it extremely hard to believe that there is no gym or a basketball court in the entire mini city (Dubai Marina) !

How can that be? 40 towers at JBR housing thousands of people, and yet no place to work out?

Other buildings have gyms, but they are strict about reserving it for their own residents.

Does anyone know if there is any place to play basketball (in the Marina)?

I saw some kids bouncing a basketball, I thought there might be one close to here. But this is ridiculous.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone know what the cost of Fitness First at Ibn Battuta is, or anywhere in Dubai for that matter? We're moving to Dubai soon, and my wife and I both belong to gyms in New Zealand. We pay about $100 each per month, which is about Dhs 250 each per month.

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does anyone know what the cost of Fitness First at Ibn Battuta is, or anywhere in Dubai for that matter? We're moving to Dubai soon, and my wife and I both belong to gyms in New Zealand. We pay about $100 each per month, which is about Dhs 250 each per month.

Thanks
A 12 month membership at Fitness First set me back 4500 dhs. It cost a little more to pay by the month. In the Dubai explorer book it list heaps of gyms in a table and gives a guide as to prices so it is a good to compare.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know what you mean man , I`m looking already a long time to find a place to ballin in marina...

but if you find a good placce hook me up for a 1 on 1 game :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
With a name like Bulls 96, I imagine you are. I'm keeping my eyes peeled and when I get there next week, I'll let you know what I find.

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
I live here. I will have a look around the labor camp tommorrow and see if I can spot any. I know they put water in the pools but can not imagine a woman going to swim in them, even with her husband (which I dont have)... Interesting if we do have courts. I know someone said they had 'finished' a few of the tennis courts, but they were locked up so you couldnt use them :confused2: Got to love discovery ghetto.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I live here. I will have a look around the labor camp tommorrow and see if I can spot any. I know they put water in the pools but can not imagine a woman going to swim in them, even with her husband (which I dont have)... Interesting if we do have courts. I know someone said they had 'finished' a few of the tennis courts, but they were locked up so you couldnt use them :confused2: Got to love discovery ghetto.
Thankx Jynxgirl.
I drove around over there and didn't see anything except for taxis. But I also missed the tennis court and pools. I was probably at "The Garderns" and not "Discovery Ghetto". LOL
Basketball courts are usually near the tennis courts. And i'm not afraid to climb a fence to go play ball.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just googled the area and it doesn't seem far from where I'm planning to stay. Hopefully we're not seen as another set of "invaders". Lol at jumping the fence. Thanks Bulls and Jynx for scoping out the area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Basketball

Hi Chris, i play in Safa Park just off the sheikh Zayed road.....hit me back if you want to meet up and go down...it can be a little hit and miss as regards quality of basketball but overall you always seem to get a game
Hi Guys,

I;'ll be moving to Dubai in the next week looking for a place to play ball on my spare time. I live in JLT area any one interested to play some ball sometimes!!

New to the area so dont know any place to place.

Freddie M

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.