Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'll be moving to Dubai in August and looking for a Studio in Dubai Marina and am looking for some advice on which towers to go for, and which to avoid like the plague. Our Budget is up to 75k, what would be the nicest tower we could find a studio in for that price?
Build quality, fittings and finish and maintenance issues would be the key areas of concern.

Have read very bad things about the following towers:

Marina Diamond
Manchester Tower

Unsure
Zumurud Tower
Yacht Bay
Royal Oceanic
DEC Tower (Mostly negative rumblings about this)
Marina View

Hoping some others can provide some thoughts on other towers, and/or confirm my suspicions above!

Cheers

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
DEC Tower may not be the best finished building in the Marina but it's handy for getting onto and off the SZR. Since they brought the tram into service that corner of the Marina is isolated from the other parts but that seems to cut down some of the traffic.
I lived there for 5 years and nothing ever broke in the apt and the view over the Marina was great.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've lived in Yacht Bay for nearly 2 years; HIGHLY recommended. Great and helpful front desk and maintenance, finishes are great, easy access to Mall, Metro, Tram, Yacht Club, JBR and SZR. I love it so much, I just moved from a Studio to a 2-bedroom, two floors down :)

Note: I think Betterhomes relisted my old flat for 80k, but suspect you may get something a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Zumurud has nice finishes inside but the apartments are a bit dark.

Marina View apartments are very small.

You mentioned 'we' in your post so I'm assuming there's two of you? Try to find a proper 1-bedroom to allow everyone a bit of privacy. You can find one for 75K if you look hard and bargain hard.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You mentioned 'we' in your post so I'm assuming there's two of you? Try to find a proper 1-bedroom to allow everyone a bit of privacy. You can find one for 75K if you look hard and bargain hard.
This if in fact you're looking at sharing it. I managed to survive with my better half in the Studio for a year and a half but towards the end I think we were both going mad.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You really have to see them for yourself. Everyone has different standards, budgets, tastes, requirements, compromises ...

I was set on the Marina after researching on the internet, but after seeing what I could get for the budget in real life you really have to pay to have a view of the water. Ended up in JLT as there is more space, but less in the way of nightlife, traffic and construction - which suits me perfectly as I'm getting old now and value a good night's sleep over the buzz and excitement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's my wife and I, thus the we :)
Yeah, I think a lot is just going to be just see what towers I can get for the range and check them out. Might have to do JLT if Marina isn't looking flash.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's my wife and I, thus the we :)
Yeah, I think a lot is just going to be just see what towers I can get for the range and check them out. Might have to do JLT if Marina isn't looking flash.
To maintain the sanity for BOTH of you, I would HIGHLY suggest looking at a 1 bedroom...minimum!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts