Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I need some help??

I am moving to dubai in Feb... However.. after getting the job etc, i happened to find out that homosexuality is illegal... I am however a gay female... And the idea of my lifestyle being forbidden is scaring me a bit....

Dn't get me wrong... Im not just looking to go out and have a good time.. I would just like to speak to anyone who is "like" me....

I know that if i get caught i can get deported after spending some time bonding with the cell walls, so any advice would be appreciated....

If anyone knows of a place where i can speak to other gay people to find out a bit more, please pm me.. I'd really appreciate it!!

·
Banned
598 Posts
I have no clue where to talk to gay people.
but
You will see what a silly question this is when you get here. There are sooo many gay people here male and female you will not have any problems finding people with like intrests. You wont have any problems, unless you flaunt it and think its cool to go out and protest holding up a sign that says hey everyone I'm gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. lol just take it easy, stop freaking out.

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
I totally agree with mrbig (that makes a change eh?), I know loads of guys (and a few girls) here who are gay, they have normal lives with their partners, so don't worry.

However as mb says, waving a placard while marching down the main thoroughfare in Dubai is probably not to be recommended!

Come and enjoy....

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
While it's illegal, as long as you don't do things straight people aren't allowed to do in public (kissing, holding hands, etc), you shouldn't really have any problems. In fact, it's easier to live with someone of the same sex than it is to live with someone of the opposite sex if you're not married.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Pretty much everything needed covered here. As long as you don't go around wearing tshirts saying The Scissor Sisters rule, you should fly under the radar here

·
Banned
598 Posts
Well as I like the Scissor Sisters - Jake and Anna rock - does that mean I'm gay?
I have to listen to miley cyrus and jonas brothers all the time, and sometimes I find my self singing along with it!!!!! I think I am gay too!!! lol

Reactions: Jynxgirl

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
WOW a thread where you two are getting along :)

·
Banned
598 Posts
I keep trying to add Andycapp to facebook but he wont accept my invite. I am ready to let things be in the past but I guess he isnt ready. Sorry bro.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Ahhh.. Andy.. puerto ricans cant be mean like this.. its not in your nature :) Add Mr Big!

·
Registered
33 Posts
funny Jonas Bros and Miley...that doesn't sound gay, just sounds like you're a parent!

As for gay...many locals are gay here too, they just don't talk about it!

I met one guy a few years ago from a very prominent family in the gulf. He was gorgeous and had the female lisp. Loved it. I met him a second time with his family and he was a straight as ever. Poor guy was hiding it from his uncles, father and brothers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.