Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and didn't find one yet...is there a Dubai deals thread started yet? Where we all can post any good sales or specials we've found on products/services (for example buy one get one free's or any type of outstanding offer to save money).

We all know how expensive it can get here, doesn't hurt to bargain hunt a little.

If one of these exists and I missed it, please link me to it, otherwise I guess we can start here. Any deals anyone?

I can start, not ridiculously great deal but we were at Sahara Center in Sharjah (right at the Dubai/Sharjah border) and with a kids meal at burger king we we got a "buy 25 dhs get 25 dhs free credit" for the Adventureland in the Mall. Well for us this is a good deal because our daughter is young, (almost 3) and she loves the kids castle inside the Adventureland which is 30 dhs.

They also have a coffee shop there right by Debenhams which does buy one get one free frapuccino's...so we got two for 19 dhs rather than the usual one for 20 at Starbucks (and it tasted the same...in fact i enjoyed this one more because it had stronger coffee flavor).

Anyway, those are what I found yesterday, yes they wont make you a millionaire, but something to start the thread off with! :)

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I searched and didn't find one yet...is there a Dubai deals thread started yet? Where we all can post any good sales or specials we've found on products/services (for example buy one get one free's or any type of outstanding offer to save money).

We all know how expensive it can get here, doesn't hurt to bargain hunt a little.

If one of these exists and I missed it, please link me to it, otherwise I guess we can start here. Any deals anyone?

I can start, not ridiculously great deal but we were at Sahara Center in Sharjah (right at the Dubai/Sharjah border) and with a kids meal at burger king we we got a "buy 25 dhs get 25 dhs free credit" for the Adventureland in the Mall. Well for us this is a good deal because our daughter is young, (almost 3) and she loves the kids castle inside the Adventureland which is 30 dhs.

They also have a coffee shop there right by Debenhams which does buy one get one free frapuccino's...so we got two for 19 dhs rather than the usual one for 20 at Starbucks (and it tasted the same...in fact i enjoyed this one more because it had stronger coffee flavor).

Anyway, those are what I found yesterday, yes they wont make you a millionaire, but something to start the thread off with! :)
good idea for a thread, although i was a bit taken aback that someone would take a 2 year old to Burger King....

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
And why anyone would pay money for the rubbish that passes as coffee in Starbucks is beyond me. You couldn't pay me to drink the stuff.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Just remember tho, a thread like this could be plagued by advertising - which is against forum rules.

So No advertising thank you :)

Jo xxx

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see there are some strong opionions around here. However this threads intention is not that, its more to stay on subject about local deals. Who decides to want to take part on those deals is up to them. Let's not make this a "which coffee is better". And yes, no advertising. Just trying to have something of a helpful thread like we had on local forums back in the states.

454 Posts
These "deals" are advertising and no one comes to a forum to read them. If you start allowing this, the forum will just be full of ads.

As for allowing one's children to eat the fat, additives and chemicals in Burger King and McDs... I simply don't understand how a responsible parent would do that.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These "deals" are advertising and no one comes to a forum to read them. If you start allowing this, the forum will just be full of ads.

As for allowing one's children to eat the fat, additives and chemicals in Burger King and McDs... I simply don't understand how a responsible parent would do that.
So apparently I'm the only one in the world that let's my daughter have a kids meal once every few weeks...hmm its a wonder how they stay in business.

Well, I tried, this obviously isn't going to work. Mods please close this thread, its obvious its been rendered useless. Will turn into more of an argument session than a helpful thread. I'll stick to just reading here from now on rather than contributing.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Personally I do believe this was a good idea...

As far as worrying about this just becoming a space for people posting ad's on here, that's what we (mods) are here for and if it did come to such a scenario then appropriate action would have been taken... I am reminded of the squash/tennis/football threads where people keep posting their contact information, which does subsequently get taken down, but we leave the thread on there as it does serve a purpose ...

One can't really know how something turns out without trying. Anyway at the request of the OP the thread is now being closed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.