Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone out there who has dual nationality of Egyptian/British passports and has travelled recently to the UK? I am hoping to go soon and am a bit confused about which passport to use and when to avoid any problems arising about visas etc.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Is there anyone out there who has dual nationality of Egyptian/British passports and has travelled recently to the UK? I am hoping to go soon and am a bit confused about which passport to use and when to avoid any problems arising about visas etc.
My wife has dual nationality and she enters Egypt and leaves with her Egyptian passport and enters UK with her British passport . No need for visas just present the passports if requested.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Always wondered about how this happens? My Egyptian boss has, apart from his Egyptian passport also a US and Canadian passport. How do they do that! I am not allowed duel nationality, and with my South African passport being an African passport I have to get a visa for just about every bloody country with only a few exceptions where I can buy one at the arriving airport. The other day going to Dubai for business was a hassle because my Egyptian residence visa was expiring soon, and the UAE wanted it to be at least two months, and refused me the business visit visa! No problem for my boss with his US passport of course. I must find out how they do it.:(

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife has dual nationality and she enters Egypt and leaves with her Egyptian passport and enters UK with her British passport . No need for visas just present the passports if requested.
Don't they question when she leaves Egypt with her Egyptian passport whether she has a visa for the uk or not?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Always wondered about how this happens? My Egyptian boss has, apart from his Egyptian passport also a US and Canadian passport. How do they do that! I am not allowed duel nationality, and with my South African passport being an African passport I have to get a visa for just about every bloody country with only a few exceptions where I can buy one at the arriving airport. The other day going to Dubai for business was a hassle because my Egyptian residence visa was expiring soon, and the UAE wanted it to be at least two months, and refused me the business visit visa! No problem for my boss with his US passport of course. I must find out how they do it.:(
My daughter has treble nationality :D

·
Registered
836 Posts
I forgot to say that with dual nationality you can enter Egypt with your british passport witthout a visa but on showing your egyptian passport as proof of citizanship at the border control.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I forgot to say that with dual nationality you can enter Egypt with your british passport witthout a visa but on showing your egyptian passport as proof of citizanship at the border control.
My husband often uses his british and egyptian passports and he will often leave the uk on british and arrive on egyptian and then leave on egyptian only to enter the uk on his british passport! So far, he has not been stopped or indeed questioned - and I use my british passport and do not have to have an egyptian entry visa as I married to an egyptian.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts