Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All.

My UK husband is just about to book his medical for his Green card application and I'm wondering if they test for drugs.

We both enjoy a little smoke once in a while but he's thinking of stopping for a month and de-toxting.

Does anyone know if they'll be looking out for drug traces or just for STDs and HIV etc.

Thanks

Essie

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did my medical for the green card in 2010, not sure if they test for drugs but they do get a urine sample. They no longer check for HIV since 2010.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I did my medical 3 weeks ago in NZ and they didn't collect urine, just blood to run tests on what vaccinations we needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't think there will be any test specifically for drug applying green card, one of my friends who takes drug regularly passed the medical exam. Don't worry :)

Hello All.

My UK husband is just about to book his medical for his Green card application and I'm wondering if they test for drugs.

We both enjoy a little smoke once in a while but he's thinking of stopping for a month and de-toxting.

Does anyone know if they'll be looking out for drug traces or just for STDs and HIV etc.

Thanks

Essie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts