Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It might be a strange question but I'll ask anyways-

My mom has Texas plates and a car *Full* of random stuff and we're driving from Burlington to Cowinsville(sp?) Canada and I have been out of Montreal twice in a two month period. She hasn't been in and out of Canada for many years but my concerns are these:

~Will border patrol be suspicious for her to have all of that stuff in her car plainly visible in her backseat and more junk in the trunk packed full (she's very much a hoarder)...?

~Will they scan both of our passports and see that I've been going to and from Canada a lot? I am taking the bus back to Montreal this Saturday as well...

I might be paranoid but better safe than sorry, yeah?

Thank you all :)

·
Super Moderator
5,188 Posts
As long as Mom owns the car and you have no guns and no drugs (marijuana etc), you should be o.k.

Seriously... they care more about that than the other stuff you might have in the car. Marijuana may almost be legal in Canada, but transporting it across the border into Canada will land you up in a heap of trouble. Guns should just be left at home.

As far as having gone in and out of Canada, you should be fine on that account as well... You don't normally require a visa to enter Canada, and there aren't any restrictions (that I know of) as to how many times you can enter in a set period of time, so a short visit should be fine.

Have a safe trip and enjoy your stay in Canada! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.