Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Driving Instructor for my Dad

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  markfuengirola 
Not a clue, but I do know that they are quite strict about professional instructors! And as far as I know, they dont have the "one man band" type instructors, eventho I guess thats all your dad needs (I'm assuming its fear of the left, rather than learning as such???) I've seen driving school cars around and there are several that say "english speaking" on them????

Jo xxx

Thanks JoJo

I guessed as much, yes it's just a lack of experience on lhd systems, he's been driving (me mad) for years in England.

xx

Bless him LOL. What you need is a retired Eglish instructor who's lived over here for a few years to simply sit with him as opposed to give a proper course of lessons - but I dont know whats over you're way????

Theres a potential small business opportunity for someone?? Refresh/LHD lessons for new expats

Jo xxx

Lol @ Jojo

he DID have a lesson with a retired ex-pat but the guy didn't have an automatic which is what my Dad can only drive (thus narrowing his choices even further)
so he used my car but can now not use it as the my Spanish insurance won't cover him as he had a Drink Driving conviction in 2005 and my car is deemed to powerful aswell. (He wan't drunk just literally over the limit) however the fact remains he cannot drive my car and not a manual
difficult eh !
I think anyone who could TEACH people over here must have ******* of pure steel !
lol

I know, I had a friend who's a driving instructor in the UK and come over for a visit with a view to teachiong over here. He changed his mind when we drove back from picking him up from the airport - he was horrified!

The automatic things a nuisance, I dont think there are many small automatic cars over here. I had a friend who wanted one and she found that most are big MPV type cars or else very expensive!!!????

Anyway, maybe ask around any Brit Bars you may find yourselves in and see - you may find someone??? Or contact one of the schools who claim to be english speaking

Jo xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.